+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Get to braggin'!

Hey, now! You can't just declare yourself a bigger freak than me! I've worked hard.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I suppose you're right. It's not fair to just usurp your title like that. I'd challenge you to a good old-fashioned freak-off (like they held in the days of yore), but...well, hell. It's the internet. It has its limitations. You win.

That's better. *ascends Freak Throne*
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

I'm proud of my amazing, perfect-in-every-way children.

I'm proud that I'm making my living in a career that helps other people in a way that no one else in my community does. (I run a crisis center, for those of you who don't know)

I'm proud that I gave a kidney to my best friend.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I clicked on the link for the number of posts in the thread. It breaks down all the participants in the thread by number

Paulie, how do you do that?

I'm most proud of my workplace. I am an overachiever when it comes to my job and I take it far too seriously at times, especially considering it's just a deli/bakery/coffee shop in a grocery store. As of last week I'm extremely proud to boast that I have the highest sales in my district as well as a nearly 50% sales increase over last year, as well as rave reviews from my never ending string of corporate visitors that like to come check things out.

I'm also extremely proud of my inner strength to be able to part with a bad marriage and begin all over again. I never thought I'd be the one that left in the end, but I had to muster up everything inside of me and be the "bad guy" and leave to begin my life over.

Originally posted by MollyRose
    I'm proud that I gave a kidney to my best friend.
    Wow!!! That's HUGE! Even moreso....thats heroic.

I am not a highly religious person, MR...but God bless you for that!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Originally posted by marybethp

Paulie, how do you do that? [/B]
    Click on the number in the "Replies" column. It'll give you a little pop-up with everyone who's participated in the thread.

And, MollyRose, dobolina is right. That is awesome. You are a great friend. What you did goes beyond what even the best of friends might consider doing for one another.

Aw shucks. 'Twas nothin.

Wow, I'm proud of all of you... most for ajg giving up the "Freak Throne" in honor of Paulie. Y'all are so generous!

Lets see... I really couldn't think of anything I was super proud of when compared to organ donating or doing really well in school, but the first thing that comes to mind is my ability to laugh. I'm proud of myself for letting me be me and laughing when I feel like it. I know how to take a joke and laugh at myself (and others) and I think it'd be safe to say I have quite a few friends. Aw, how feel-good is this thread??
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast