+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Get to braggin'!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Originally posted by dobolina
    I am proud that I was able to dig myself out of a 5 year funk of depression due to the loss of someone very close to me. I never thought I would recover and be happy, but last year at age 30, I was able to finally smile for real again, pick up the pieces and just allow myself to be happy.
    Good for you, dob!!! What an inspirational story... it takes a really strong person to be able to move on like that.

I'm really happy for you!

Thanks y'all. It was a rough road, full of doubt and misery. But one day, everything kinda just made sense, took shape, whatever....It was actually right before my 30th...a day that most people dread!!

And I've been having a good time ever since!!
    Yay Dobs! Thanks for sharing, I'm sure you're inspiring many people.

My inseparable best friend (since we were 4) was in a horrible car accident several years ago and I lost her, or should I say I lost who she was (she's severely mentally and physically handicapped now). That happened 9 years ago, and I still have dreams about it and her (just had one last night as a matter of fact), but everything got better after the first few years. It's tough to lose someone you don't plan on losing, so I'm very glad to see that you're happy now. Kudos to you for pulling out of the tough times.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Shifting gears for a second... dvm, may I inquire why you list your appearance as something you're proud of...and yet you have not made a single post in the "What do you look like?" thread?

Just curious. Seems kind of odd.

*hoping this Perry Mason moment leads to another beautiful pic in that thread*
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by Paulie
    Shifting gears for a second... dvm, may I inquire why you list your appearance as something you're proud of...and yet you have not made a single post in the "What do you look like?" thread?

Just curious. Seems kind of odd.

*hoping this Perry Mason moment leads to another beautiful pic in that thread*
    Does anyone think Paulie's fishing here?
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

I love myself. Thank you. *bows*
    "I can hear the silence. Of what we used to be. And I can see the sign. of what you want to be."

Alright- I gotta crow!

I was flipping over taking the GRE's (I'm about 4 eyars out of college) and can't stand the concept of Kaplan so studied on my own.

I got a perfect on the new writing section, and near perfect on the other two- and was so shocked! But now I have 5 years to not worry about them should I decide on grad school, plus I qualify for Mensa membership!

......I was able to finally smile for real again, pick up the pieces and just allow myself to be happy.
    That's a great ending. Dobolina, that just goes to show that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, sometimes you just have to wait a little longer, but it's there. Keep smiling!

Originally posted by Shazzer
    Does anyone think Paulie's fishing here?
    Nope, not me. I don't think so.

Blast it all! Is my plan to get dvm to post her photograph that obvious?!?

When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

I didn't go through the entire thread, ajg. I clicked on the link for the number of posts in the thread. It breaks down all the participants in the thread by number, and dvm is not on the list.

So, while I am a freak, it's not for the reason you cited.

If I'm out-freaking Paulie, I obviously have far too much time on my hands.

Or else I'm just *that* good.

In fact, add that to my list.

I'm proud that I'm a bigger freak than Paulie. Yeah!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast