+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sizing help needed please!!

sizing help needed please!!

Somehow last night after I logged off my computer something wierd happened...all of a sudden tonight my settings are messed up for text size or window size or SOMETHING!! I have my view set on "medium text" which is where it's always been but now everything is in mega large mode....what can I do to fix this?? Where in my system do I begin to look?? Please any ideas are welcome, this is way too bizarre!!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    If you're using a version of Windows:

1. Right click on your desktop background.
    2. Select "Properties"
    3. Select "Appearance"
    4. Change "Font Size"

That should get you back where you want to be.

yeah, what Wayne said
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

It is scary when your computer hiccups
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

It certainly is as I have such limited knowledge to do anything about it myself
    "That's Numberwang!"

: Wahhhh if only it was that easy!! When I do that I can change a lot of things but it won't let me JUST change the text size, which is what I was trying for about 3 hours last night. I think I changed the size of everything imaginable on this machine last night but I'm still stuck with wayyyyyyyyyy big text and my bottom toolbar is enormous as well. Heck just the little smilies box on the side of the screen on here takes up half of my computer screen. Is there anything else I can look at to try and fix it??? Even changing the text size on the "view" button to smallest hasn't helped it.

Princess
    If you do what Wayner says, you'll get to "appearences" (or something). If you select for example "active title bar" in the "items" menu, and choose "Active Title Bar", then choose font size 11 for example and then click OK - does it change the title bar of the active window at all?

Thanks y'all but I figured it out and it was way stupid LOL. Turns out when I got my new monitor the other day somehow it got the screen size all messed up so it really wasn't the font size at all, but the screen itself. Thankfully one of my tech savvy friends came over last night and in all of 2 seconds had it fixed. Atleast I learned my something new for the day even if it was a most basic thing.

Libra,
    If you do not know it, you just do not know it. Many simple things are difficult until you learn them. Now you know and can help someone else(like me) when that happens to them. Glad to know your problem is solved.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

hey libra,
    i'm glad you got it solved. ticks me off when it's something so simple. makes me wanna smack the person who fixes it so quickly. at least humor me and make it seem more difficult than just changing the screen size!

+ Reply to Thread