+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How does your addiction affect your kids?

Princess
    Feifer - I didn't think you were, it just occurred to me that some people might.... (Yes, I always seem to end up splashing a lot, no offense intended though! )

I dont' have any kids yet, just the puppies and a couple of god children. The oldest who is 8 is actually watching reality tv now. It's kinda scarry he knows more than me.
    ~There is no greater gift than the gift of life. Become a donor today!~

Minimal effect on my kids, I'd say. They are aware of the Survivor theme song. And they've been there for all the kickoff parties we've held dating back to S2. I think my oldest (4) would enjoy watching the show, but we always tape it and watch it after the kids are in bed so there are no interruptions. They know nothing of our other reality show interests.

As for my time on-line, most of it is when I'm at work or late at night (or, like now, while they're sleeping or watching a video). I don't think it fazes them at all.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

LG.
    I'm only on the 'net at work as I'm living in the stone ages an don't own a home computer, so my daughter seldom sees me on a computer except when I'm working at home with my laptop and then my "stops" by here are very short given the horrendously slow dial up network. (In case anyone is keeping track, I'm actually in my office today, big project on a Saturday, love my job.) As for my daughter watching reality tv, the shows are probably better than the other things we watch, including CSI (some yucky stuff there) and The Sopranos (which we usually try to watch after she's in bed). I think The Amazing Race is great family viewing as the travel the world and don't spend much time naked (unlike some of my other favorite reality shows, like Temptation Island). She isn't really interested in adult tv anyone, so I usually miss huge chunks of the plot of the shows while reading her stories or playing games with her while it's on in the background. No wonder my recaps are sometimes a little disjointed.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Hey, I resemble that remark about horrendously slow dialup connections...

One more reason I'm glad I don't have kids...I don't have to miss my favorite shows.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Well, my son is only a year old, and my daughter won't be born until December, so there really isn't an impact. He only sees me on the computer once in a while (he's napping now for example).

It would affect them a lot more if I ever actually went on the show. (I won't need your help next time, Paulie, I have my own camcorder now. )

Princess
    So - you with kids (OK, children) - will they grow up to be die-hard RTTV fans/players, or will they think it "lame"? Or will they throw out the TV altogether??!

My kids will own a tivo. They do not want to watch anything that you cannot pause to go to the potty or watch after lunch. Other than that, they do not seem to care. Hehe!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Originally posted by Wayner
    Well, my son is only a year old, and my daughter won't be born until December, so there really isn't an impact. He only sees me on the computer once in a while (he's napping now for example).

It would affect them a lot more if I ever actually went on the show. (I won't need your help next time, Paulie, I have my own camcorder now. )
    Hey, Wayner...you and Mrs. W should join Paulie and Mrs. P and me and my partner Joey on TAR5!

Princess
    Hey, I found this old thread of mine (yes, I know, I'm getting all old and sentimental ), but I thought it would be fun to see what all the new(er) ppl think about this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast