+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cellular Plans

I have AT&T and since they have merged with Cingular, my coverage area has doubled. I have a GSM plan and a phone that allows me to check email and surf, etc. I am happy and totally impressed w/ AT&T of late and wouldn't hesitate to recommend. I have NO roaming, period, with my national GSM plan.

My phone is way cool too. I send/receive a lot of text messages and my phone flips open to a hidden QWERTY keyboard, which makes texting a heck of a lot easier. I can't say enough good things about this phone. AT&T usually has a deal on it - free if you sign up for a term-contract. I'll even give you the link to the phone because I like it so much. Great signal, battery lasts a long time, few coverage issues.
    Mine does not have a camera because where I work does not allow camera phones, but the upgraded model (Nokia 6820) does have a camera.

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,4486,00.html

Feel free to PM me if you want - I've never been this impressed w/ a phone or a service provider before. I don't have a landline at all (and haven't for almost 2 years) and I've never had issues.

I have the Verizon Freedom Package. Umlimited local and long distance for home phone and 400 daytime minutes, unlimited nights and weekends and 1,000 free Verizon to Verizon calls for my cell phone. All said and done it saved me $700.00 a year. You can also throw in DSL and the total comes out to around $100.00 a month (for everything), which is a steal since I was previously racking up over a $100.00 in home calls a month in itself.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I'm still pretty happy with T-Mobile. We have a family plan which includes 1600 minutes, free mobile-to-mobile, free long distance, etc. After taxes and fees we pay $140/month for four lines.

I want ATT so I can text my vote to American Idol... I must be a dork!

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    I just wanted to thank all of you who've responded thus far. You've all been extremely helpful, and I really appreciate the input.

I'm probably not going to get one until Thursday or so, so if anyone on the night shift has any thoughts, please keep 'em coming!
    I'm on the nightshift I've had ATT for about 5 years. I have three phones (I pay for my adult kids cell phones so I can keep in touch with them...what can I say....I'm a sucker ). If your area gets a strong signal with ATT, I would recommend them. I've had really positive experiences with customer service. I changed my plan one time because I really don't use voice calling at all...I use my phone for text messages mainly. I thought if I took the National Plan off my phone and got free text messages I would save money. My bright idea didn't work because that month we went out of state and my husband used the phone a lot (using voice)...my bill turned out to be 300 bucks. Customer service changed my plan back to the national voice plan and backdated it to before our out-of-state trip so I didn't have to pay the $300 bucks But I am currently having trouble with customer service...so my recommendation is sort of 50/50...I think my current problem has cancelled out my good experiences. My daughter moved to a new apartment. She gets zero signal. It's not like she moved to the Ozarks or anything...she lives less than a mile from a freeway in San Diego, CA! (I hear that freeways have the strongest signals...I could be wrong though). Anyway, before we knew she was moving to this new apartment, I signed up for a year contract and they sent me new phones. Now I can't get out of the contract and ATT basically tells me "too bad...tough luck...we can't help you" So, I'm changing services as soon as I can...I'm glad you started this thread Amanda. Cell phone service is one of the more confusing things in life!
    Last edited by KaiCee; 05-14-2004 at 03:25 AM.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234