+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cellular Plans

I've been on AT&T for years and haven't ever had any problems with it, other than the fact that I'm actually on my mom's plan and when it ran out she didn't pick the right replacement for it. (causing me a $200 phone bill for a month)

I wish I could tell you what kind of plan it is, but seems to be somewhere around 1000 anytime minutes (I've never used all that's available, but have gone up to around 900 on the rare occasion) with free nights/weekends plus up to 300 text messages and I pay $42 a month. It's also been reliable everywhere I went from as far north as NY to out west in Vegas.

FORT Fogey
    Okay since I'm lazy and didn't feel like creating a whole new thread... Does anyone who has Motorola know how to create a ringtone? I have this phone And if you go to Settings, Ring Styles, My Tones, it seems like you would be able to create your own song or whatever. But I've been playing around with it and I can't get it to work! I put in a whole bunch of numbers and I hear no sounds. Help me! I'm getting a little tired of the boring songs they provide.

And while you're talking about ringtones . . . does anyone know where you can get free ringtones? Do they even exist?
    Who shot who in the what now?

Free ringtones DO exist! If you have a Nokia phone (I have the 8260), here are a few sites I get ringtones for free:

http://usa-nokia.com/html/home.php (Just got the Benny Hill theme!!)
    http://www.2thumbswap.com/members/to...8260_main.html (this site also has Motorola, Ericsson and Siemens ringtones for free)
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Verizon is rated #1 with Nextel #2 the worst is sprint

I have a nextel, which fits my needs

Amanda, what did you wind up with?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Amanda, what did you wind up with?
    Hehe, I was hoping nobody would ask me that. I, um, ended up not getting a new phone at all. I realized that I was mainly using it during my commute to call people to alleviate my boredom. Since I was doing that generally every day, and my commute is pretty long, I was going over my minutes each month and it was getting expensive.

So right after I made this thread, I decided to try to go a week or so without a phone, just to see if it drove me nuts not having one. It didn't. I think that in the 6 months since I started this thread, I've missed having it two times.

Lately I've been thinking about getting one of those Virgin prepaid dealies, just to have one in the car in case of a flat tire or something. On the other hand, I usually only drive to work, and I'm never more than a block away from a pay phone. Still haven't made up my mind on that one.

I felt bad that so many people gave me advice that I ultimately ignored. Hopefully other people were able to benefit from this thread, though.

I have the virgin Mobile prepaid and love it. I really don't use it often. I give it to my kids when they go out, I have it in my car, and I use it when hubby and I go to Wal Mart so we can call each other in the store
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I ended up with T-Mobile, and so far have had no problems. Of course, I haven't gotten my bill yet...

I had a HORRIBLE two-day experience with Sprint. It's a long story, but essentially they kept promising one deal, then renigging just as I was about to commit. My step-son recently started working for them as a customer service rep and from the stories he tells about how they treat their customers for fun, I would NEVER use their company. It's probably the same with all of them, but they certainly gave ma a bad taste of what their customer service must be like.

Ok...reviving this thread because me & hubby are out shopping for new cellphones & I'd just like to see what the word on the street is for good plans these days :-)

We currently have Nextel which is great, but we hardly use our cellphones & hubby's gonna get one from work so basically we only need ONE cheap plan, but one with phones that work & good signal

So I'm picking this thread back up to see if there's any new inputs on cellular plans.... Anyone?
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast