+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My best response!

FORT Fogey

My best response!

Did you ever have one of those times when you wanted to say just the right thing and did? Not, later thinking if only I had said bla bla..

I know Paulie, Wayner, John, and the talented Bill probably have no problem in this area. .quick witted as they are, and I wouldn't match witts with Ducky or Lobes on any day.. but every once in awhile I get it right!

Today was that day..
    My ex's wife (child that she is) called to bug me and annoy me about something petty as usual,, and I responded with " if I just give you the ruby slippers will you GO AWAY" hahahaha I know it isn't the best but it felt really good!

Any other good "zingers" out there ?

every now and again I come up with something great at the right time... usually its 20 minutes after the fact

Of COURSE right now I can't think of a single example!

Congrats on yours though
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

that was a pretty good one Firegirl!! I usually think of them 20 minutes later too but . .

I work with a woman and honestly she outweighs me by at least 40 pounds and she's really moody and just ugh! anyway someone had brought in strawberries which I love. and this woman was standing beside me when I said "I love these things - I think I could eat my weight in them" and she said "that much, huh?" and you had to hear how she said it and the look she gave me and I said "yep, I might even be able to eat your weight in them"

it was a lttie mean but she deserved it in my opinion and she didn't say anything else

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Originally posted by KKelly
    that was a pretty good one Firegirl!! I usually think of them 20 minutes later too but . .

I work with a woman and honestly she outweighs me by at least 40 pounds and she's really moody and just ugh! anyway someone had brought in strawberries which I love. and this woman was standing beside me when I said "I love these things - I think I could eat my weight in them" and she said "that much, huh?" and you had to hear how she said it and the look she gave me and I said "yep, I might even be able to eat your weight in them"

it was a lttie mean but she deserved it in my opinion and she didn't say anything else
    That's awesome KKelly!

Don't mess with Firegirl or KKelly!

Good for you Firegirl! Do you mind if I steal that sometime?

Right now, my sister is the queen of them. She's in the midst of planning her wedding and there are a few people, (my mother, her fiance's sister) that are constantly trying to tell her what she should do.

When someone told her who she should put in her wedding party instead of who she had already selected, she said, 'Yes, interesting' in the most deadpan of voices. While it seems simplistic, it's managed to at least shut some people up.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

thank you - thank you

I'm glad you can appreciate it - I figured you'd have to know this woman to understand

and another one that was pretty good --- my 76 year old aunt (more about her in Clay thread and the how safe is your neighborhood thread) was buying a new car and was getting irriated with the salesman a little and he said "now Ms. Kitchin, let's not fall out" and she said "fall out, we never fell in" -- pretty quick for a 70 year old.

FORT Fogey

Kelly! That was quick! See, I love it when that happens especially to people who ask for it over and over!

Me too Firegirl and I am so bad for saying two hours later "I should have said . . . " and coming up with something really great - problem is it's two hours later

and I loved your George Bush story - that was great

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast