+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: FORT Convention, Get Together or Random Musings of Such

FORT Fogey
    I was thinking the same thing,, how about a FORT convention thread....

For some reason, I read that as drunk tank John.

I'd vote for Vegas!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fogey
    So you would be going,, even if it mean the little chapel of love for you and me?
    John says you wouldn't be going.. hmmmm ( tapping foot)

With all the carnival type activities maybe we should go to circus-circus. [The last time I was in vegas was 1980 ]
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

FORT Fogey
    That would be appropriate for us I am sure.. I was there in March and there are a number of fantastic hotels! What would be the best time of year for everyone? How about FEB since it is cold most places but it would be warm there..
    Or do we want to go sooner like Sept or something?
    I think we should give folks a chance to plan to attend.

Fade to black
    Vegas would be great for me and my love of poker. If you do something like this, can we make it in the summer? It's a great idea (maybe you should create a separate thread instead of having this discussion in here?) and I'd definitely be interested in attending.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Vegas Baby!!

Hey I'm in for Vegas! I have something of a side business planning for Vegas trips for friends, so if you need any ideas let me know. If we do this, I'd suggest the Orleans as a hotel. It's about a mile off the strip, but easy to get to the strip via shuttle or rental car, it's a great hotel with great restaurants and it's cheap to stay at with nicer rooms than most of the strip hotels.

There's going to be a really cool new Cirque du Soleil show opening in August at NYNY. It's adults only though - go to their website and watch the clip! Wow!

Hazy, have you ever been to Vegas in the summer? It's so hot, when you go outside it feels like someone is always holding a blow-dryer in your face! It's also insanely crowded.

Hot, crowded Vegas is better than no Vegas though. Summer is usually easier for people to get away too.

Sorry - posting frenzy.

New Mexico during the first week of October is really fun - balloon fiesta! A thousand hot air balloons! Harvest festivals! Gorgeous weather! Margaritas!

I'd coordinate it, and other people pay me big bucks to plan their conventions!

Just a thought.

FORT Fogey
    Molly I do event planning too, we could head up the committee! I am for Vegas as it is " convention" friendly and we would probably get the best deals!

+ Reply to Thread