+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: FORT Convention, Get Together or Random Musings of Such

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by Feifer
    Now if it were FORT Wayner then you might have a chance. I think maybe FORT Worth, Texas might be nice.
    Now THAT'S a good idea. I could meet all you guys, and that someone special who lives down there. Long story....

-Rach

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Are those tofu pups on that grill Paulie?
    The burgers were turkey burgers, I think. That was a first for me, but the folks who ate 'em said they turned out perfectly. You can suck in your gut, you can puff out your chest, but you can't fool The Grill Master!

And thanks for the nice compliments, GF, FG, and Jewelsy. That picture was taken pre-LASIK, so I actually think I look better than that now. But...what do I know?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by maleady33
    Now THAT'S a good idea. I could meet all you guys, and that someone special who lives down there. Long story....
    -Rach
    Oh, please tell me it's not Stuart!

Paulie, I'm not sure I can handle you being *more* good-looking! I so want lasik surgery!!!!!! And turkey burgers are good, btw.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Is Lasik eye surgery and are there side effects ie. dry, scratchy eyes?

John, I hope that you won't let the fact that someone totally jumped the gun on the planning of this thing turn you off of the idea. I'd be a little creeped out too, but I'd still like to see it materialize - in due time.

Paulie, how'd the lasik thing work out for you? I dated an opthamologist for a brief time, and he scared me off of ever getting it. He said that a lot of docs will push it onto their patients (because, ya know, they want to line their pockets and all), but very few of them will actually get it themselves, as it's too new and they don't know what the longterm effects will be. Everyone I know who's had it said it's wonderful, though.

The LASIK surgery worked out quite well for me. I went from what they call "legally blind" to 20/15 vision in each eye. I was very nervous about making this decision for all of the reasons you describe, ajg, and more. But the guy who worked on my eyes was a person that I trusted because he saved my eye years ago from a very bad bacterial infection. He never pushed the idea of LASIK on me, and he answered my questions about the procedure in a manner that I thought was truthful and devoid of ulterior motives. My eyes were dry for quite a few months after the surgery, and I still put drops in them now and again, but they haven't felt dry for months. They are sometimes rather red because of ocular allergies I have, but that was true prior to the procedure, as well.

There was an interesting discussion of the whole thing in a thread here in General way back when. Here it is:

LASIK discussion
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Wow. Well, it sounds as if it was the best thing that could be done for you. Your doc sounds like a good one, too. I'm glad it turned out so well!

I'll have to check that thread out. Anything that helps me procrastinate a little bit more is A-OK in my book

FORT Fogey
    Paulie you were definately hot w/and with out glasses! It's the way you are holding the spachula that is so sexy!

I don't trust Paulie on the grill. I seem to recall that he flips his meat way too often, and uses high heat.

And not in a wierd way.

+ Reply to Thread