+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you afraid of?

FORT Fogey

What are you afraid of?

What things just creep you out? Or things you can't watch..

I love to swim, but I can't watch people drowning in movies and stuff,, I get a little claustrophobic too if someone puts their arms around me and holds my arms down.

That commercial where the "fungus monster" jumps into the guys toenail absolutely creeps me out!

I can handle spiders, and snakes but those night crawler crickets send me into orbit. The sort of clear brown ones!

Shots! Needles,, ewww

I'm afraid of heights. Watching people jump off of high things even freaks me out.

I'm also very afraid of bees. It's the buzzing thing I guess.
    Who shot who in the what now?

FORT Fogey
    So I guess asking you to be my TAR partner is out huh? Imean I would have to do all the height stuff?? I don't mind.

Yeah, my husband and I have discussed that! We're convinced we could win TAR. We were discussing the height issue, but it seems one can always work around it. If need be I'd just grin and bare it. Actually I'd probably just scream and bawl my eyes out, but I'd do it to win!

Firegirl, I am so so so so SO completely with you on the toenail commercial. I get the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it.

I'm not afraid of heights, but I'm afraid of unenclosed heights. I can go to the top of the Sears Tower and be fine, but I can't stand on the top of a 4-story building's roof garden without getting scared. Ferris wheels are out. Anything that would afford me the opportunity to jump should I lose my mind suddenly scares me.

Centipedes.

Anything involving trauma to the eye. I was a bio major, and I've done surgical procedures, so blood and guts don't bother me. BUT - anything with the eyes is horrible, and I can't watch it.

Movie scenes where someone is being shaved with a straight razor.

The idea of being buried alive.

The idea of that one urban legend (at least I think it was just an urban legend) where people were putting infected hypodermic needles in public places.

I'm sure there's more, but I have a therapist session to book.

Originally posted by greenflute98
    If need be I'd just grin and bare it.
    You vixen!

aj, that's how I am about heights too. If there's an opportunity for me to jump out or fall out, I'm wicked scared.

I'm also afraid of people running behind me on a flight of stairs. I know . . . that's weird. It freaks me out nonetheless.

edited to add: oh aj, you have no idea!

Actually, that just reminded me of another one. I can't walk on those stairs that have runners but not risers (is that the correct terminology?). I'm freaked out by the fact that I could misstep and lose my footing and break my leg or fall through. The fact that I'm obviously too big to fit through it doesn't do much to curb the fear.

And I have an irrational fear that I'm going to fall and break my teeth. It's the one recurring bad dream I have.

FORT Fogey
    I'm more scared of emotional things - like failure or something happening to my family or things like that.

Also, I get kind of creeped out when something like America's Most Wanted is on TV, then I go to bed in the back bedroom, which has three windows that go right out onto the room (I get scared that somebody will try to climb in the window - especially since I know people can, because my husband gets in that way when he forgets his keys and I'm not home).

I have an unnatural fear of alligators and crocodiles (so much so that if offered a free trip to Australia I'd have to turn it down). I'm also terrified of snakes, spiders, lizards... anything that creeps, slithers or crawls.

I'm also scared of birds, people walking behind me, walking up stairs when it's dark, walking down stairs with anybody right behind me......

I have issues. :rolleyes:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast