+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What are you afraid of?

Originally posted by greenflute98
    TK. Yup I was just like that too. I even vomitted in front of my entire 3 grade class. That didn't help my fear. When I was little I had decided that I wasn't going to be able to have children since they vomitted so often. I think I just grew out of the fear as I got older and experience more instances with it.
    Greenflute, very odd, but I also threw up in front of my entire 3rd grade class, in my desk, and they had to clear all the kids out of the room and it was just humiliating. A guy I dated after High School had a sister who ended up going out with the brother of one of the kids in my class (are ya keepin' track?) and when he heard I was dating his girlfriend's brother he said, "yeah, isn't she the one who threw up in her desk in the 3rd grade". Ahhh....memories. It's good to be famous.

Incidentally, I'll be a late joiner here and just add that I have always completely hated that toenail commercial! I shriek and turn it away until I am way past sure it's over. I used to be impatient and check back to see when it was over and would freak out yet again when it wasn't, so now I just turn to another channel until I'm sure I've possibly even missed some of the show, just to make sure I don't see it. And it doesn't help when they sell those advertising blocks on cable and you flip away from it only to land on the same commercial on 3 different channels. Ahhhh!

I also can't stand bats. I've had some horrible bat stories. I'm actually getting goose bumps right now while I type this. Yikes
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Originally posted by Shazzer
    Greenflute, very odd, but I also threw up in front of my entire 3rd grade class, in my desk, and they had to clear all the kids out of the room and it was just humiliating. A guy I dated after High School had a sister who ended up going out with the brother of one of the kids in my class (are ya keepin' track?) and when he heard I was dating his girlfriend's brother he said, "yeah, isn't she the one who threw up in her desk in the 3rd grade". Ahhh....memories. It's good to be famous.
    That's a crazy coincidence, Shazzer! I had kids remind me of it for the entire year, but I don't think anyone remembered in H.S. I think that's where my fear started though.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Shazzer, that was YOU who threw up in your desk in third grade????!!!??? You *are* famous!

Can I jump on the vomit bandwagon, too? Oh please, oh please, oh please???

I threw up on my dentist when I was about 8 or 9. I swear he must have shoved about twelve of those x-ray thingies in my mouth and I totally gagged and barfed scrambled eggs all over him (Nice image, huh? You're welcome..)

So, needless to say, I was/am afraid of the dentist for a long time. I finally found a dentist I really like and am slowly getting over my fear. Laughing gas sure seems to make it easier. Of course, every time I have an x-ray, I have to tell my story again...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Originally posted by oneTVslave
    Shazzer, that was YOU who threw up in your desk in third grade????!!!??? You *are* famous!

Can I jump on the vomit bandwagon, too? Oh please, oh please, oh please???

I threw up on my dentist when I was about 8 or 9. I swear he must have shoved about twelve of those x-ray thingies in my mouth and I totally gagged and barfed scrambled eggs all over him (Nice image, huh? You're welcome..)

So, needless to say, I was/am afraid of the dentist for a long time. I finally found a dentist I really like and am slowly getting over my fear. Laughing gas sure seems to make it easier. Of course, every time I have an x-ray, I have to tell my story again...
    ha ha, oneTVslave

and Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! about your upchuck story....

Are we scaring TK with all these stories?
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

FORT Fogey
    I've never thrown up in school, but I did wet my pants on a couple of occasions in elementary school and that was even more embarassing, because you're supposed to be able to control that...

Originally posted by Shazzer
    Are we scaring TK with all these stories?
    Gee, I hope not. If so, sorry TK! Don't worry, I am sure it will go away as you get older...(gosh, don't I sound like an old fart? "When I was your age...")
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Worst fear - something happening to one of my kids. When they're out late, it's all I can do not to literally pace the floor.

Close runner up - a fire starting in the house while we're sleeping

And clowns...clowns are scary.

I'm obviously afraid that something will happen to my husband or one of our boys, but lately I have developed an irrational fear that someone will hurt the cat when he's outside.

He's not even officially my cat, he belongs to the neighbour, but he kind of moved in with us during the winter.
    As soon as he goes out, I want him to come back in.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Oh and Molly, clowns are real scary, check out my sig line
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by MollyRose
    And clowns...clowns are scary.
    Except for Jon and Al.

+ Reply to Thread