+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: What are you afraid of?

I used to be afraid of being alone....not actually being by myself at any given time, but being alone in life....having no friends or family. This is a totally irrational fear because my mom had nine brothers and five sisters. I will never be short on family. I have few, but very loyal friends. So, now that I am married with children my new fear is that I will never be alone again....and this time I mean by myself at any given time. Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

jin
    I'm afraid of bridges over water...have to close my eyes, or if driving myself, stare straight ahead like a zombie. I'm afraid of ferris wheels, which is really strange since I LOVE roller coasters, and finally snakes..can't even go into the reptile house at the zoo. I'm a dork in other words. lol

I just remembered today, while watching TV, that when I was little I used to be afraid of the Hamburger Helper animated glove thing ... in fact, it still kind of freaks me out today.

Also, when I was little, I used to believe that there was this vampire from Are You Afraid Of The Dark? on the right side of my bed, so at night I would only lay down facing the left side. That was until a clown from the show started living on the left side, so I'd sleep only on my back, perfectly still. Finally I was watching this show and this girl had a dream where she turned into a puppet, and the way she looked scared me, so she was at the foot of my bed. At that point I couldn't figure out what position to sleep in so I just gave up and the fear subsided. It's so stupid now that I look back on it.
    "Let's go piss off some heterosexuals ... if we can find any in this great, big, gay world of ours ... LET'S GO!" -Gale Harold, Queer As Folk season 3 wrap party reel

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    MOTHER IN LAWS moving in and taking over your life

FORT Fogey
    I remember that show! "Are You Afraid of The Dark"! You just brought make so many good memories......

-Rach

The only good memory I have from that show was the time my brother and I saw an episode that finally didn't scare us ... it was quite a relief.
    "Let's go piss off some heterosexuals ... if we can find any in this great, big, gay world of ours ... LET'S GO!" -Gale Harold, Queer As Folk season 3 wrap party reel

Quote Originally Posted by ajg113
    I can't walk on those stairs that have runners but not risers
    You are talking about the stairs with gaps to the earth below between them? I can't stand those either.

Heights totally freak me out. The idea of being in the top floor of tall building freaks me out. Elevators, too. I truly can't stand elevators. If I can, I always take the stairs.

Cliffs...never been to the Grand Canyon and it is probably a good idea if I stay away.

I forgot...I am also afraid of water that isn't clear. I was fine until the summer after 8th grade. I went to Mexico and was swimming in the ocean. You couldn't see the bottom and a fish brushed up against my leg. All I could think of was Jaws. Then later that summer I was in a bay and a fish bit my big toe. Never again will I go into water that I can't see all the way to the bottom.

That water one is understandable.

I watched a show about backyard swimming pools that don't have the correct slope transition from shallow end to deep end.
    A guy dived in, hit his head on the slope, broke his neck and his mates initially thought he was goofing around, but he was actually drowning.
    So now I can't dive into a pool unless it's olympic size - I just have to jump in.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    [IMG]images/img/fungus monster.jpg[/IMG]

Just so everyone can actually see what the fungus monsters look like !
    The commercial shows them lifting up the big cartoon toe-nail and rooting around like a pig under a blanket. It is disgusting!
    My five-year-old son just walked into the room as I was reading your post. He pointed at the screen and said,"Hey!, Mommy those are the tiny monsters that want to scratch up your feet and make them yucky! Eeeew!" and then he ran off. I still have never seen this commercial. Odd!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011