+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: This Has To Be Settled Quickly

I don't own a bikini (You really wouldn't want me to though perc....paulie....wayner....tv junkie.....geez, I'm surounded by a bunch of horndogs )
    I have a tankini, but considering it's been in the high 30's-low 40's every morning, I doubt I'll be slipping into it any time soon
    Like Bravo, I missed the invite too... where was it? I was only gone for like 2 freakin' days dude!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I think it started in the "women only" thread in the Survivor forum.

Yeah it has been cold, we're planning to spend the night on the boat tonight. It should be an experience!

BRRRRRRRR. We just got back from my daughters soccer game. She plays down by the river and the wind was blowin' pretty good. I'm a calisicle!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

calisicle
    Cali, you have no idea how hard this is to keep from commenting on.....must.....not.....reply. ...... LOL

It'll be chilly but as I told my wife, I slept in a pup tent in Alaska...it can be done. Plus I am heading out in a bit to get a propane grill..and coffee maker, so the food will be hot and I'll have coffee in the morning.

Pup tent!

It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

you liked that, huh Feifer? LOL

Let me tell you about it. Long long ago, I was stationed in Ga. We were sent to Alaska for "Cold Weather Training".

While there, we received tons of classroom instruction on how to survive in the cold. At the end of the training we had to spend the night in the "wilderness".

When we got to the designated spot, we found they had pre-built huts with round belly stoves throwing off massive amounts of heat.

One of my troops and I talked and decided this wasn't teaching anyone anything. So we packed our gear and hoofed it out to find a spot to test our new found survival skills.

Each soldier carries half of a pup tent, canvas...O.D. green. We found a level spot, used our shovels to clear a space in the snow and erected our PUP-TENT. lol

We covered most of the exposed sides with snow...and crawled in with our sleeping bags. We were warm as hell in there...hot almost with the insulation the packed snow provided.

It just didn't seem reasonable to me to get so much training in Cold Weather tactics...than sleep in a hut with a fire keeping you warm all night.

Anyway...for your amusement I'll say it again..

PUP-TENT!!!!

Originally posted by Perc
    you liked that, huh Feifer? LOL

PUP-TENT!!!!

Wow! I just learned how to survive in the snow....very useful in Texas!

Sometimes something useful comes from these forums! LOL

Well, we decided against staying out, not because of the cold....but the waves were hitting at 3FT. The boats big enough to handle it...but sleeping at anchor would have been a chore.

Hopefully next weekend will have better conditions.

he said pup tent!
    very different meaning to me!!

And what does pup-tent mean to you Sher?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345