+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question

good for you, mommad. my thoughts will be with you and your cousin. quite selfless.

Very Selfless of you MommaD. Courageous too.

I'll see what I can do about getting Ted King to offer his services to help you recouperate.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I donated blood once - I used to be afraid of needles, but fairly recently decided to give blood. It wasn't bad at all, even though a lady across the aisle in the bus passed out in front of me just before I was stuck.

But, then I got a letter in the mail that my enzymes were low, so I went and got tested, and had a little scare for a bit that my liver was shutting down. Everything turned out okay, it was just a blip. But....I've been avoiding giving blood again, just in case

I would donate blood if I could, but I am not allowed to...

Momma D- best wishes to both you and your cousin, I'll definitely keep you both in my prayers. That's very sweet of you to do.

I hate to admit I haven't donated blood because I'm incredibly squeamish around needles. Add that to my list of phobias.

"I'll see what I can do about getting Ted King to offer his services to help you recouperate"
    Oh Miss Filangi, you're an angel lol. You know I'll be taping General Hospital.

On a serious note, I've always said I wanted to be an organ donor. I never thought I would get to do it so soon especially since Andy's mom donated the last kidney. But I do have a bit of advise that I've found out tonight. If you ever find yourself getting a transplant or know someone who does: If the organ takes and does well for a long time (maybe a couple years or more) don't let the reciept get to where they think they won't need their medication anymore. It's so important to the treatment. The anti-rejection drugs are so very important.
    ~There is no greater gift than the gift of life. Become a donor today!~

I'm proud of you MommaD. The greatest gift anyone can give is the gift of life. Hope everything goes well.

MommaD
    You will be in our collective thoughts next Thursday.
    How long will you recuperation be?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Too long. From what I was told this morning, I will be home either Monday or Tuesday if all is smooth. Depending how how well I do I might can start work a week after I get out of the hospital, and it has to be part time. I'll probably have to work part time for a couple weeks then I can gradually move to full time so who knows you maybe seeing me a lot for the next few weeks when I get home
    ~There is no greater gift than the gift of life. Become a donor today!~

Mommad,
    I am so proud to know you! You are a hero! We need more ppl like you on this earth!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast