+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hot Child In The City

Math problem:

103 degrees in Redwood City. No A/C. One cranky 3-year-old daughter & one 17-month nephew. One melted (!) and therefore unusable kiddie pool. Lots of popsicles & ice cubes.

= day from H-E-double hockeysticks!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Oh jeeze hepcat, that sounds awful!

*puts some ice-cubes in the mail to Redwood City*
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Thank you, Zhora! Using them instantly before they vaporize!

It's finally a reasonable temperature outside (9:45). Starting to get my sanity back. Tomorrow we're packing up and heading to the beach!

Wow, I used to live right near Redwood City, and I never remember it getting that hot! How unusual. *fires some more ice cubes your way using a giant slingshot*
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by hepcat
    Math problem:

103 degrees in Redwood City. No A/C. One cranky 3-year-old daughter & one 17-month nephew. One melted (!) and therefore unusable kiddie pool. Lots of popsicles & ice cubes.

= day from H-E-double hockeysticks!
    GAH! It seems awfully early in the season to be hitting 106 in Redwood City! I lived in San Mateo, Sunnyvale, and Santa Clara, and I never remembering it get that hot so soon. I hope it cools down for you soon, hepcat!

Originally posted by cali
    it's been hot with high humidity here all week. It wouldn't have been too bad, but we just came off of months of rain, then a week where the temps were in the low seventies. This heat shocked me.
    you must be in NC - that's exactly what we've had - lots of rain and cool - last Friday high in the 70's and cloudy

this week 90's and high humidity and no clouds . . . Please God . . . Send rain!!!

We were in the 60s up until last weekend when it shot up to the 90s. Like most people posted, it did cool down to the 70s which feels great! Summerfest is here and the weather seems perfect for it.

Paulie, Wayner - yeah, it is totally off the chart for Redwood City. We had 100+ temperatures 3 days in a row. I hope this isn't global warming. I did something I never do - I let my 3-year-old have a playdate (hate that word) in McDonalds. Airconditioned playground - worked quite well, actually.

Then I packed up my daughter and left my husband! Well, just temporarily, but we are down at my parents' house in Redondo Beach. A balmy 76 degrees today....whew! Loving it!!

FORT Fogey

Everybody talks about the weather...

...but nobody can do anything about it.

Here along the Coast no A/C required, just ceiling fans on the hottest days.

Please don't hate me for posting this, I just had to.

I have done penance in NYC so I deserve this.

I lived in Santa Barbara county for 9 years, CaliGirl, so I know what you mean. Plus I grew up here in Redondo Beach. I'm just plain spoiled about weather. I admit it! But still, I can deal with rainy weather better than last week's broil.

Did you ever read that Mark Twain story where he says, everyone talks about the weather and if that's what you're interested in, you can find it in a chapter at the end? And at the end, there's a whole chapter with descriptions of windy days, a rainy day, etc. I can't remember which story that was but it was funny because it was so deadpan serious. He was sick of adding descriptive weather reports to his fiction.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast