+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Quinn vs. the Gator

Cali, I want to live wherever you live. I'm serious. I love the city, but the only stories I can tell you folks deal with pigeons (the cool birds that they are), and the occasional rat. So not only do you get to see amazing wildlife that I've only seen in pictures and zoos, but you get to use words like "cistern" and "woodstove". I'm not going to lie to you; I don't know what either of those things are (although I can guess what a woodstove is). The word cistern is fun to say, though. It's been running through my head ever since I read it.

Good Lord. I need a hobby or something. Or more ice cubes.

*grabs a tray of cubes and boards a Lear Jet for Chicago*
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Oh, here's one. This didn't happen to me, but this is the best non-pigeon story I've got. Some friends of mine lived in a suburban area which was having a deer overpopulation issue. One night, the kids decided to have a party, as the parents were out of town. Evidently deer (the plural of deer is deer, right?) are attracted to acid rock and underaged drinking, because one decided to jump right through the plate glass window of the living room. Nobody was hurt, but it took about ten minutes for the deer to find its way out the back door of the house. Ten minutes and about 7 grand in repair costs. Who knew that PBR had such drawing power?

And Paulie, I'm not a skank. A tray isn't going to cut it. It'll have to be a bag. The big bag, at that.

"Turn this plane around!!! I need a bigger bag!!"
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

ajg you're making me laugh hard. It hurts

yeah up until a few years ago I didn't know what a cistern was either. It's a big whole in the ground where you catch and store water for emergencies. You can't drink it or anything, but you can use it for watering your lawn etc. One year our well pump died at a party and we had to use that water to flush toilets while all our party goers got to help us change out the wire on the pump. That only took about 2 hours

good times.... good times....
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Originally posted by Paulie
    I attended high school in Homer, Alaska, and, yeah, you had to watch out. The moose were scary. You could hear them in the dark on your way to the bus stop. You just hoped you weren't splitting up a mama and her babies when you walked by.
    Alaska... now that's living- i couldn't imagine always having to be on the lookout for something- esp Grizzlies, Moose- at least with gators you're pretty sure they are going to turn and run- with Griz and Moose you have no idea what to expect... not good times...

My dad (aka Grizzly Adams) lives in the middle of nowhere upstate NY- and he keeps a rifle next to each of the doors- many a morning he walks out on the deck only to be confronted by a black bear... again, not good times (unless the bear is hauling butt the other way). i'd rather face a little 8' gator then a bear any day of the week!!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    while golfing in Florida I hit a shot over the creek into the woods. was going to jump across and there was a little 3 foot gator right there. so being the wise guy, i thought "I'll just smack him in the tail and he'll scoot down the creek", Wrong, wrong wrong, I hit him and he had the club head in his mouth before I even saw him move. needles to say, I went further down the creek to get across.

Hint to Quinn. next time don't jump at the gator, they can get up on their legs and run like a dog and pull a man down if they are pissed enough to do it.

Re: Quinn vs. the Gator

Originally posted by QuinntheEskimo
    I am going running tonight- but i am taking my digital camera with me- just in case my buddy is around and i can share him with you all...
    Great story! I hit a deer once. That's about as exotic as we get here.

SPECIAL NEWS REPORT
    Photo of Eskimo being attacked by gator
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great job unklescott!

Poor Quinn didn't see it coming in that parka.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast