+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How did you first end up at the FORT?

My ISP has a news page. There was a link to the first Survivor 6 precap. I immediately registered and have been hooked ever since.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I know a lot of people have found us through Sirlinksalot, and Realitytvlinks, and then some through Moreover news (the headlines, like how Dagwood found us) on various sites.

SLAL, in particular, has been great for sending people our way. Of course, we like to return the favor whenever possible.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by Miss Filangi
    Wayner. You're as knowledgeable as any Canadian hockey fan!

For a while, you never ventured out of the Hockey threads, did you?
    Wow! Thanks for the high praise, Miss F!

And nope, for a while it was pretty much just Hockey and Survivor. Of course, I'm not alone in sticking to a limited set of forums. Why, just today I mentioned something to Cali about something I'd posted in the Sports Forum and she replied "We have a sports forum? When did that happen?"

I first found the FORT when I was watching Nashville Star and was trying to find out who had been eliminated one night when I wasn't home to watch. I think it was through SirLinksalot that I found it. I was just a lurker for Nashville Star, and then I realized there was an AI link and ended up spending even more time lurking at the AI2 site, and finally HAD to join!

Well, the message board I went to for Survivor 4 was where John, BF, cali, and a bunch of others were. I got the info about this site from BF, I believe. Then I just came on over!

I did a google search on American Idol and it brought me to a recap from Lobeck. I put the site in my favorite places and each time I clicked on it it would bring me to the AI2 part of the site. It was months before I even realized there was much much more to the site.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    It is really a rags to riches story... minus the riches.
    Bill, I'm glad my writing lured you here, but I'm even more pleased that you stayed and treated us to your wit, as well.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I took the same road as many, thru Sirlinksalot during AI2. Did the reading recaps thing, lurking etc. Liked the fact there that everyone seemed so nice, great sense of humor and said to myself, "Self" I said "Join up and join in"
    Now I know what people mean when they say a clean house is the sign of a broken computer!

My liking for Clay Aiken was budding....I don't know rememeber exactly what I was looking for. I typed in "clay aiken" I think in the Yahoo! search bar. The first Clay Thread popped up (it was already locked) and I was like "Oh wow! Cool! *bookmarks*" I didn't read it 'cause I wasn't looking for that I think. I was probably looking for video clips or audio files or fan fiction. A fews days go by. I remember I saved that Clay thread. I go back...realized there's a Clay thread II! (this one was locked at the time too) So I bookmarked that thread. I didn't read it. I thought maybe some other time.

More days go by...it's the day the American Idol finale airs. I need to know who wins (i live on the west coast) I won't watch it if Clay doesn't win. I check online. I found out Clay lost. Sooo sad. I go to my room. Write a fanletter to feel better. Cry a few tears. Jeez I can't believe I'm crying I wasn't into Clay that much. ...it's okay. I'm okay. I think. *sniff* I have the need to be comforted. I can't go to my family for that. Heh. Oh. I know. That one message board with that big Clay thread. Yeah. *sniff* I go to the site. I register. I try to post in the Clay thread part II. Hey it's locked...oh there's a Part III! I need to let my feelings out. Let someone know my pain. I don't remember if I first posted in the Part III thread and John moved the post to the spoiler thread or I was actually a smart newbie and I figured I should post in the right thread. (I'm pretty sure it's the latter. Haha.)

Yep...my first post...

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...747#post193747

Awwwww~

Yeah that's my own little story. I am pretty sure that if the Clay thread never existed at FORT I wouldn't be as obsessed with Clay as I am now. (No...I wouldn't of gone to something else. I did look at other message boards like BOLT and TTC but they kinda turned me off I didn't really like them) Oh well.

I talk too much. *slinks and hides* :O
    "I can hear the silence. Of what we used to be. And I can see the sign. of what you want to be."

Lobeck's recaps on AI2 brought me here... I found them through sirlinksalot. Same as someone else, took me awhile to realize I could join and post and am now hooked!

+ Reply to Thread