+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How did you first end up at the FORT?

FORT Fanatic
    Originally posted by Shazzer
    I also found this place during obsessive American Idol searches and saw Lobeck’s recaps and then John’s interviews... I lurked for a long time, mainly because I felt that the most I could contribute was “ditto”. ... I didn’t plan to post much, but slowly became addicted. Now it’s hopeless.

Oh, and I was addicted to lurking and reading all the witty posts by FORT members. I kept comin' back for the brains in the boards; very different than so many other boards.
    Sorry, John, but it's true--Clay brought me to you.

My husband and I couldn't watch the AI2 episode where the wild card contestants were chosen -- and our VCR was broken. So, in desperation, I did a Google search. It was pretty obvious that this was absolutely the best place to be. Literacy is alive and well at the FORT!
    Ipse dixit.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I just kind of... found this place. I think it was a google search for American Idol, though. I lurked for about a month, until I finally gave in and joined.

I used to read Paulie's precap to Survivor everyweek. Then one fateful day last October, I decided to join.

After that, John got a hold of some compromising pictures of me... so I became a writer. Then one day, all the mods got hold of some bad cheese, and in their delirium decided I should be a mod too. So here we are.

It is really a rags to riches story... minus the riches.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fogey
    I was on a Survivor chat waiting for one of the Survivor booted folks to arrive, and just happened to be placed by chance with several very fun people who said that they were from the FORT, so they can find one another... it took me awhile to then come on board, but am glad I did (I'm otherwise known as "rockin"). I don't post much...but enjoy reading!

I did a search for Clay Aiken, was led here, had watched him locally for years and could not believe what people were saying about him -- even printed stuff out to take home and share with other members of my family who had met him and couldn't believe how women were reacting to him. Then found Lobeck's recaps and this is the only website I've been on for fun since, although I have now figured out there's more to this site than AI so I'm not quite as pathetic as I was at first.

I found this board while on a mission for my friend, whose computer was not working, to find info on the Survivor contestants. This site was listed as a result, and I found it very catchy and addicive. After about 2 months, I decided to make an account.
    Gustav Holst was right!

I found this board through sirlinksalot. Cali's TAR recap, and Fluff's Survivor Recaps, Paulie's Precaps, Top 10 moments in RTV, Bill's Whatnow.

Then when Unexplained started a thread about TAR3 coming to Singapore, I got so excited I joined as well
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I friend of mine used to write up some funny stuff about Survivor for the office pool, and he told me about it. I checked it out and found out that it wasn't just a cool Survivor site, but had all these really cool Canadian women that are way more knowledgeable about hockey than any of the American guys I know, so I was hooked. I joined before the site celebrated it's first month of operation, so I guess I'm one of the old foggies.

Thanks for getting me here, Paulie!

Wayner. You're as knowledgeable as any Canadian hockey fan!

For a while, you never ventured out of the Hockey threads, did you?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread