+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How did you first end up at the FORT?

I was an avid poster of the Survivor Sucks ezboard. Survivor fan since Day 1. Later, duing AI2, I kept seeing references to FORT over there, and finally decided to check it out. Only sorry that I didn't find it sooner...cuz those boards did SUCK when it came to AI.

Btw, I know most of you have no idea who I am, since I don't post much...But I know YOU... since I read a lot of threads in a lot of forums. (No, not only the Clay thread--despite the avatar!) Maybe I'm finally coming out of my shell over here.

I came with John. I'm the third member John, fluff, cali

A lot of the mods joined the first day, so I was probably third by seconds, but it's still pretty cool.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Well, I was watching AI2, and there was this geeky kid with big ears and weird hair, doing a hip-thrust to a disco tune, and I just had to find out who he was...

Oh wait, that wasn't me. That was my nightmare last night

I guess I'm a charter member.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Very similar to Cali and Wolf....

Met a lot of fine folks at another message board when searching for Combat Missions fans since the only people I knew that watched it were ones I forced to do so. Was the first time I'd ever posted on a message board.

Packed my bags and moved with John when he started the site. Officially member #5, but as Cali said, there were about 12 of us that all registed on that wonderful day, 9/13/02.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Yep. The site officially opened for business on 9/16/02. For anyone keeping track.

Fade to black
    Originally posted by John
    Well, I was watching AI2, and there was this geeky kid with big ears and weird hair, doing a hip-thrust to a disco tune, and I just had to find out who he was...

Oh wait, that wasn't me. That was my nightmare last night
    John's having Claydreams again. BTW my birthday is 9/13. How ironic. hehe
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

official member #6 here, met the charter bunch when we were discussing Combat Missions on another board in a land far, far, away.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I also found this place during obsessive American Idol searches and saw Lobeck’s recaps and then John’s interviews (along with the most fantastic Survivor interview ever – the Jeff Probst interview). I lurked for a long time, mainly because I felt that the most I could contribute was “ditto”. I finally joined just so I could post a “thanks” to Lobeck, John etc. for entertaining me. I didn’t plan to post much, but slowly became addicted. Now it’s hopeless.

Oh, and I was addicted to lurking and reading all the witty posts by FORT members. I kept comin' back for the brains in the boards; very different than so many other boards.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Just for the opportunity to say "member" in a public forum, I'd like to point out that I am member #8.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by Paulie
    Just for the opportunity to say "member" in a public forum, I'd like to point out that I am member #8.
    heh heh, he said "member"

Okay, had to throw in the Beavis and Butthead reference, (even though I never watched the show, yet so many have quoted this type of response back to me)
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread