+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How did you first end up at the FORT?

Re: How did you first end up at the FORT?

Ditto for me, Bug.
    Count your blessings!

Big Brother for me too. And if I recall correctly, it was specifically the horrific Alison Irwin who brought me here. Is it possible that someone so dreadful is an actual sentient being, treading the planet, eructing venom as she goes? Well hell and damnation, it turns out that what she seems is what she is (I have no hope that she's improved over the years).

ETA: Actually, another thanks to the atrocious woman. I was so fascinated by her that I followed her poisonous trail over to the The Amazing Race, a show I subsequently learned to love more than any other.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Paradise Hotel brought me here.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I found it through the ABC Bachelor Board. There was FORT and another. Was sure glad to find other boards. That ABC board can be something else sometimes.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i found the FORT after visiting several other Big Brother fan sites and found this one to be the most enjoyable/respectful. been here ever since, though the past year or so i haven't been around much.

My obsession with Paradise Hotel back in 2003-2004 brought me here. Have loved this site ever since.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

If I remember correctly it was also Big Brother for me... I was traveling and missed a lot of shows, and had found some other BB site which just disappeared one day. That led me to search for other such sites, and once I found FORT I was hooked! I love the writing rules, the PG-13 rules, the civility rules, and all the smart comments. And then when I finally scrolled down enough to realize that there were even posts on non-reality TV..wow! I would never have understood LOST without FORT!
    I lurked for a long time, but finally a year we went on sabbatical and I had more time I started posting. As I feared it became quite addictive for a while there....these days I can sometimes read for a whole day with only one or two posts, but back then, nope. I love FORT!
    And, like many, I have very few friends who admit to watching TV, much less reality shows, so this is a great outlet for me.

My husband gave my very own laptop last Christmas Eve. For the first time in years, I was able to get online whenever I wanted without kids begging, whining, and pitching hissy fits to get online themselves. Before that, it was all I could do to read the news, weather, and facebook with my morning coffee.

After we opened Christmas presents and the kids went to bed, I googled "reality tv" and voila - FoRT attracted me because the colors and appearance were calming (I'm a visual learner), and the people (posts) were not argumentative and mean, pretty nice while engaging in lively banter. Hooray for cheap laptops and wireless internet
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    My husband gave my very own laptop last Christmas Eve. For the first time in years, I was able to get online whenever I wanted without kids begging, whining, and pitching hissy fits to get online themselves. Before that, it was all I could do to read the news, weather, and facebook with my morning coffee.

After we opened Christmas presents and the kids went to bed, I googled "reality tv" and voila - FoRT attracted me because the colors and appearance were calming (I'm a visual learner), and the people (posts) were not argumentative and mean, pretty nice while engaging in lively banter. Hooray for cheap laptops and wireless internet
    Very nice way to land here. It is the rules here that keep me coming back, and all my FORT friends of course.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

American Idol Season 2. I was obsessed and looking for a forum to hang out in and found FORT.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread