+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How did you first end up at the FORT?

I joined during the first Top Chef season. The Bravo Boards were getting very toxic and I went looking for somewhere else that wasn't so bad. A Google search turned up this board. What fun to be able to express an opinion and not be attacked for it.

When Top Chef went off I was looking for something to do here and found General Discussion. I lurked for awhile and I still do. I do feel like I know a lot of you even though we have never met. I can come here and feel like I am with a bunch of friends and we are here for each other no matter what.

Thank the Lord for John and all the rest of you. You all feel like family to me.

Thanks Unk.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thanks for digging that up, Unk.

My story is the same as many others. I went searching for articles during AI2 which led to sir-links-a-lot, and I was enthralled with lobeck's AI recaps. The only other forum I'd had any experience with was Bolt, and once I found the FoRT I never went back.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by catmom3;2190925;
    I joined during the first Top Chef season. The Bravo Boards were getting very toxic and I went looking for somewhere else that wasn't so bad. A Google search turned up this board. What fun to be able to express an opinion and not be attacked for it.

When Top Chef went off I was looking for something to do here and found General Discussion. I lurked for awhile and I still do. I do feel like I know a lot of you even though we have never met. I can come here and feel like I am with a bunch of friends and we are here for each other no matter what.

Thank the Lord for John and all the rest of you. You all feel like family to me.
    That's so sweet! You should post more often. I came searching for what happened on a Big Brother I missed and found transcripts from the live feed! I put that on my favorites (hooked immediately) never realizing there was more to the thread until Muduh PMed me months later. I was such a Babe in the woods.
    Count your blessings!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I remember when I first joined, Lucy had to keep PMing me to tell me I was posting in the wrong sections! I had read the FoRT instructions, but I was confused about filing under the recap section vs. some of the others. Now I feel like a total pro!

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie;2190673;
    I remember the board I was on suddenly vanished in the the netherworld of cyberspace.
    Same thing happened to me. Still don't know what happened to that site, Reality Tv Fans. I needed to find a fix for some good show talk so eventually SirLinksALot lead me here probably because the names were so similar and I recognized some of the same posters. I only discovered the General Discussion and other areas besides the show threads this year. I still read more than post cause there's so much good stuff to read it keeps me busy.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2191458;
    Same thing happened to me. Still don't know what happened to that site, Reality Tv Fans.
    Thanks! That site is so far in the past now that I couldn't remember the name of it. I'm glad it vanished so I could come here and meet some really great friendly people!
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Let's see . . .

Stumbled around/surfed the net . . .

Came up on reality TV forums (which, believe it or not, I didn't even know existed) . . .

Checked one or two out . . .

Checked out the FoRT . . .

Liked it . . .

Lurked for awhile (like all of two seconds, I think) . . .

Been here ever since!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I was already signed up for the CW boards, and I would talk about ANTM there. The posters there would always talk about stuff that was posted on FoRT, so I decided to join. Now I can talk about my other favorite reality shows. I barely talk about ANTM anymore.

Wow, that was a long time ago. I think I first started lurking during Joe Millionaire. I lurked a long time, so I don't remember which show got me posting, but I think it was Last Comic Standing. I lurked sporadically until Paradise Hotel. That show and its dramatics first got me to post and I posted like a fiend all through its run. It was the first time I'd ever read recaps, too, and I was delighted to discover Amanda and Paulie, in particular. Their recaps would have me howling in laughter. I've been around ever since, enjoying a brief stint as a writer myself and now just enjoying the company.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread