+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How did you first end up at the FORT?

I googled "ANTM recaps" and ended up here, with SnowflakeGirl's recaps, IMO the best on the net! (And this is not just as I'm saying, they're really great). It took me a while to stop lurking and start posting, however I still think I'm more of a reader than a poster. But it's great to have the option!

My power had been out, and I was desparate to find out what had happened on that night's "Survivor". Then I noticed the off topic forums, and it was around Thanksgiving. I made a couple snarky remarks on the "what are you doing for Christmas" thread, the stumbled into this "Christmas Party". Things got real hazy after that....
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;263340;
    I think I found it through tvclubhouse. I hang there for the BB live feeds and stumbled upon it.

as those 2 headed dragons on DragonTales say.....Loooooove it!

(you can tell I'm the parent of a 4 year old)
    I normally don't quote myself, but you know you've been here a long time when aforementioned four year old is EIGHT

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;2190205;
    I had stumbled onto the reality news website to read their recaps for Survivor or TAR.....then when Wickedly Perfect (Feb 05) started I was disapointed that website wasn't doing recaps for WP....so..I got really curious to know if others feeling the same as I was so I clicked Sirlinksalot.. .....and that's where I found the FORT with discussions *heavenly music playing in background*

.....and I still don't think anything ever became of Kimberly from that show. Hopefully Darlene's career received a boost.
    I think you and I are the ONLY people that watched that show. They did publish a book for Kimberly as that was part of the prize, but I never saw it anywhere, probably on the remainder rack somewhere. Mitch has gone back to the floral/decorating business and gives speeches at Floral conventions. I did read that somewhere and Darlene was trying to get something going on her own, but don't know what became of it or it she went back to the homeshopping channel.

I actually liked that show a lot except for that woman judge. Can't remember her name, she wrote the original book, Sex and the City. What a pompous, arrogant witch! And David Evangelista wasn't any better.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I was browsing around looking for Lost sites and found the Fort. Took me about a year to venture outside the Lost thread and find all of you! So glad I did.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2190490;
    I was browsing around looking for Lost sites and found the Fort. Took me about a year to venture outside the Lost thread and find all of you! So glad I did.
    What would we do without the LOST thread and Qboots? I'd have missed half of what goes on on that show without it. That was my 2nd thread to visit on the FORT.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I don't remember how I stumbled across the FORT. I'm just glad I did! I stayed because I like the rules, much as some people complain about them. I like not having to stress my brain out trying to decipher the "shorthand" typing.

If I remember correctly, I think I was looking for Big Brother updates. And I've been here ever since

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2190472;
    I actually liked that show a lot except for that woman judge. Can't remember her name, she wrote the original book, Sex and the City. What a pompous, arrogant witch! And David Evangelista wasn't any better.
    Candace Bushnell! What was the show about?

It's funny how we all came here for some show we liked and then found each other in these various General Discussion threads!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2190472;
    I think you and I are the ONLY people that watched that show. .
    Ohhhh.....I am laughing so hard......I think you are right. It was a miracle I stayed on with the FORT.....especially since I would get at least one PM from a Mod a day giving me instructions.... ...you could say they were giving me personal training....

Since I have an Interior Design degree (80's) I was excitedly anticipating that show......the judges? They called themselves judges? They had no interior design experience or even concept what so ever.......and the "party judge"..she really was pathetically tasteless.

For their decorating projects, they had to go to Sears......at least they should have gone to Kmart and had something decent to choose from........Oh the camping project and the outhouse............as crazy as the show was, I still enjoyed it.

BTW.......Martha's Apprentice wasn't much better.....
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread