+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and Piercings?

It's pretty funny actually, but the artist who did my tattoos charges people extra when they get squirmy, they complain about the pain, or cry. He doesn't tell them he's charging them extra, he just charges you less than he quoted if you don't.
    Last edited by Zhora; 11-24-2003 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    I'm thinking about getting one of my tattoos touched up and another one covered over completely with something new. Have any of you had that done before? I would be curious to hear about how coverups and touchups have turned out for people.
    My husband retouched a tattoo that he originally got like 20 years ago and it looks fantastic. The original tattoo was of an eagle flying over a mountain range, and the colors had really faded and the outline didn't seem very sharp. The retouching artist came in and recolored it, and even added some new little details (like clouds and a waterfall) and the whole thing looks like a brand new tattoo. It was definitely worth it.

I don't know about a complete cover-up or a siginificant change to a tattoo. I personally don't know anyone who's had that done, although that reminds me about how Johnny Depp had the huge "Winona Forever" tattoo (that he had when he and Miss Klepto were dating each other back in the day) changed to "Wino Forever".
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    My girls wanted tatoos before they were 18 (ok w/parent's sig here), but I said you can't have a tatoo when you are young because you're not mature enough to decide what you want on your body for the rest of your life.
    I think that's wise of you, JD. I have friends that got tattoos when they were pretty young and got things like cartoon characters or other things that they eventually outgrew.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    And another thing I've heard a lot - and I agree - once you get a tatoo, it's not your tatoo, it's your FIRST tatoo. You can't have just one. Unless it's a potato chip...
    That's totally true. Once you get one, you start dreaming about the next one!
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    ...The retouching artist came in and recolored it, and even added some new little details (like clouds and a waterfall) and the whole thing looks like a brand new tattoo. It was definitely worth it...
    Cool! That is great news to me. The one I want retouched is very finely detailed. It has lost a little of the crispness around the edges and the colors have faded just a little over the last 14 years. I still love it though, so I would be pretty bummed if the touchups didn't go well.

As for the coverup job, the tattoo I want covered up is fairly small, but it is a very solid black with two little colored areas. I saw a friend get a light black peace sign covered up with a purple and white butterfly. It came out really nicely, but her old tattoo wasn't nearly as dark as mine and it wasn't filled in. I just don't know if my black might show through. I would rather keep what I have as is than have it peek through behind something else.

Zhora, I think if you have a tattoo artist you trust, you will be very pleased with the touch-up results. Like I said, my husband's old eagle tattoo looks fabulous now. I didn't even expect the retough to be so dramatic, but it made a huge difference. Your 14 year old tattoo will look all brand spankin' new, and you'll love it all over again.

As for covering up your black one, that does sound tough. I don't now about covering up something that's solid black like that. Did you just want to change it a bit, or do you want to get rid of it? Because there's always laser removal...

omg, laser removal HURTS. HURTS!!

i went in to get one of my tats removed. after only 1 treatment, i couldn't bear to go back. worst pain ever. and it swelled up as if it had been branded. granted...now i have really good painkillers, so i'm thinking of trying again. in the mean time, i went to a tat artist that i trusted and he looked at the tat and said he could definitely change it and make it awesome. and it's virtually solid black (granted, it's way faded out from the 1 laser procedure) i just haven't decided i am really committed to having that tat or getting rid of it altogether.

Yikes Sher! Too bad they didn't give you some kind of indication of how painful the removal would be. That sucks!

I never considered laser removal. There isn't anything really wrong with the one I want covered over, it's just kind of plain and it's my least favorite. I would still rather have it than have nothing there. I think I might look for a larger design that has a patch of black in it that I could use to strategically place over the old tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    Do I really have the piercing record in here?? Both my ears are pierced twice (so that's 4), I also have piercings in my left eyebrow, my tounge and my bellybotton (so 7 total).
    I'm a little ahead of ya astrogirl but consider my piercings whimpy ... I've got 10 but they are all ear piercings, 3 lower in each ear (so 6) and another 4 cartilidge in my right ear only (completing my 10).

Also in response to pain of tattoos....I'll have to agree with sher on this one, just annoying more than anything. My lower back and most of my sides were just annoying and burned a little bit (like a sunburn feeling)...the front work on my sides is another story all together!! That was just nasty pain I guess cause there isn't much between the skin and ribcage. When those were getting done I had my head down crying my eyes out and my artist kept asking me if I was ok and I'd give him the finger...that's when he knew I was fine and kept working so it would be done and over with as quickly as possible.

My brother in law has had a tattoo covered over with another one (he had a large cross covered with a demon's head, in an ironic twist). He has 4, and is designing his fifth. They're all large, though.

My cousin has had 2 tats removed. One very large pegasus on her cleavage/left breast, and one rose&vine that went around her wrist. They both hurt like hell, and cost her around $2k to remove completely.

Like I said before, I got 4 tattoos. Both biceps and both shoulders, approximately 8-10 hours of work in all, and every minute of it hurt like hell. I don't like needles though, and its like getting 24 shots a second for 2 hours at a time. Of course, mine are all multicolored too. I didn't get my first tat until I was 34 years old and in New Zealand getting ready to head south to the ice. It felt like a road rash the next day and was ok after that, but the last one I got was painfull for 2 weeks afterwards cause the artist was one that drives the ink deep.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread