+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and Piercings?

The peer pressure, the peer pressure! I feel tres uncool. I want to run out and get one on my lower back or something. Eh, probably not. That would require picking out a design. I can't even decide which toothbrush I want at Walmart. I can't imagine picking out something that would stay with me permanently.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I have this fear of needles and pain. I can't even watch when they take blood or anything like that. As much as I would like to get the famous "MOM" tattoo, it's not going to happen. But at least I know I'll never be a heroin addict.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    . But at least I know I'll never be a heroin addict.
    Don't let that stop you YA. You can snort Heroin these days.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

My hubby has a really cool one on his left shoulder. It's a cadusa (sp?) the medical symbol with the serpents wrapped around it and it says "Witch Doctor" He was a corpsman in the Navy and "had" to get one before he went to sea. I want one, a heart with a banner with my kid's name on it. I have 5 piercings total in just my ears but 3 of them closed.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    Don't let that stop you YA. You can snort Heroin these days.
    That's another thing that bugs me though, having stuff up my nose. And with my sinuses, white powder in the nostrils wouldn't be a real fun party.

I guess it's just smoking joints for me.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    Thanks. But I have seen people shedding a tear or maybe even, choking back tears and crying out loud, well... that's the impression I get... So it's not that painful ? Thanks.. astrogirl_2100
    Personally, it hurt like hell. Everytime I thought I couldn't stand it anymore, the tattoo artist would ease off and move somewhere else. I don't have a picture at the moment, but i have my previous Siamese cat tattood on my hip. It shows, or not, depending on the cut of my swimsuit. I took in a line drawing of a cat, with a picture of my cat and he was able to re-create it. It's all black except for the blue eyes.
    The place I went had a slogan "We cater to cowards". They had teddy bears for everyone to hold, and used an old reclining dentist chair for me to sit in.
    I don't regret it, but I won't be doing it again!

Piercings, I'm boring, two in one ear and one in the other!
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    Thanks. But I have seen people shedding a tear or maybe even, choking back tears and crying out loud, well... that's the impression I get... So it's not that painful ? Thanks.. astrogirl_2100
    I don't think the pain is bad at all. It's all about location too. It seems like the sting is a little more noticable when the needle goes over areas where the bone is closer to the surface. I didn't actually notice any difference in the sensation between all black tattoos and colored ones.

I'm thinking about getting one of my tattoos touched up and another one covered over completely with something new. Have any of you had that done before? I would be curious to hear about how coverups and touchups have turned out for people.

i didn't think the tats hurt. and i have no pain tolerance. i just thought it was annoying.

There was an ancient thread on body piercings that turned into a tattoo discussion here: Body piercings

This is what I said then:
    I have my ears pierced, my belly pierced, and a traditional Polynesian tattoo on my lower back that I got when I was in Tahiti.
    [...]
    The great thing is that the tattoo artist there was this really cool Polynesian guy (who is also fire dancer, so we first met him he was only wearing a pareo and, as a side note, was total island hunk!) who wouldn't let me just pick out one of the designs he'd done previously. I looked at the book and pointed to something and said, can you just do that, and he'd say NO! Instead, he really took the time to talk to me over the course of a few days about what sort of things I loved and were important to me, and he drew a completely original design for me incorporating very ersonal symbols of things I loved into a traditional Polynesian style. On the smaller islands, people don't like to rush things and are genuinely friendly, like you're a long-lost relative, so talking was easy and fun--he was so nice to my husband and me, (giving us little gifts like shells and shark teeth) and inviting us to his home where he and his wife were preparing for the birth of their first baby! After he did my tattoo, he didn't even want to take our money! Anyway, I'm glad I got my tattoo, which turned out to be a beautiful, life-long souvenir of a perfectly romantic, idyllic vacation my husband and I had in a far-off exotic place.

My tattoo is on my lower back, but I didn't think it hurt at all. I haven't had my shoulder done, but several girlfriends of mine have, and they said it is not that painful there. I just want to say that if I, Miss Zero Pain Tolerance, can get through a tattoo, anyone can. I was totally prepared to cry, my husband was holding my hand like I was the one about to give birth, but when the tattoo artist started, I didn't even know it! Just some soreness after being under the needle for a while, then a dull ache while it heals. The healing took no time at all, compared to my navel piercing which took much more care over the course of a few months.
    Anyway, I love my piercings and tattoo. I don't regret getting them at all. The tattoo has significance for me, and even when I'm completely naked, I still feel decorated!

I would love to get another tat. I'm thinking of starting my own tradition, and will only get one when I'm on vacation. Since I like the Polynesian style, maybe I'll only them when I'm in Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, New Zealand (well, it's a good excuse to go visit, isn't it?).
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I've had lots of piercings, even my tongue. And two tatoos, and they didn't hurt at all. One is simple, one is pretty complicated and both are color. And both have "jjl" in them, my and my daughters' initials (jayne,jessica,lori). My girls wanted tatoos before they were 18 (ok w/parent's sig here), but I said you can't have a tatoo when you are young because you're not mature enough to decide what you want on your body for the rest of your life. And another thing I've heard a lot - and I agree - once you get a tatoo, it's not your tatoo, it's your FIRST tatoo. You can't have just one. Unless it's a potato chip...
    Last edited by J.D.; 11-24-2003 at 04:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread