+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and Piercings?

I was digging around in the old threads and found this one that was pretty interesting. There are quite a few people who joined after the last post here (myself included) so maybe they'd like to share. BTW some of the FORTers have some really nice ink.

I have 3 holes in my left ear. Most times a wear only a silver ball or a small silver hoop in the first hole. I have to pretend I'm somewhat professional at work . I always keep the others open just for every now and then when I want to wear all of them. I also had my left nipple pierced but took that out when my older daughter got big enough to pull on it. Ouch.

No tats. I've been thinking about it on and off for probably about ten years now. Every now and then I think of something I want and then I never follow through. Who knows? maybe subconsiously I don't really want one.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Do I really have the piercing record in here?? Both my ears are pierced twice (so that's 4), I also have piercings in my left eyebrow, my tounge and my bellybotton (so 7 total). I also have a tattoo on my right shoulder, it's an equation that is very important in my field of study (yes, I'm a scientist).

Wow, some amazing tat pics in here. I feel like I should lie and say I have a scorpion tattoo on my breast or something. However, I am quite boring in the tattoo or piercing department. I don't have any of either.
    I wanted to get my ears pierced *so badly* when I was a teenager but my dad told me I had to wait until I was 17. Well, by that time I had lost interest and didn't get them pierced until one day when I was 26. I wore earrings for about two days, got bored, took them out and let them grow over. I guess my laziness is so far progressed that earrings are even too much work for me.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

i responded some time ago about this in a thread far far away. however, since this thread doesn't have the info, i'll share. i'm down to just one hole in each ear. at one point i had three holes in my left ear and one in my right and a navel ring. i got over the navel ring at the beginning of this year. just was over it.

i also have 2 tats. one is a butterfly right under my belly button and the other is the chinese symbol for eternity and it's on the small of my back.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Can I ask a question, is tattooing painful ? Please tell me your experiences...

Mine wasn't very painful at all. The worst it ever got was probably comparable to a bee sting. However, if I'm remembering what the tattoo guy told me correctly, that's because mine is all black, and therefore didn't require any outlining. A girl who came with me had a MUCH worse experience than I did, and hers was multicolored and far more intricate than mine.

The one I'm getting next spring will also just be black. I don't want to go through the pain she did.

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    Can I ask a question, is tattooing painful ? Please tell me your experiences...
    It's sort of like having to give a blood sample, except the prick happens over and over again. It hurts, but it's not too bad. Afterwards it's just like being sunburned.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Thanks. But I have seen people shedding a tear or maybe even, choking back tears and crying out loud, well... that's the impression I get... So it's not that painful ? Thanks.. astrogirl_2100

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    Thanks. But I have seen people shedding a tear or maybe even, choking back tears and crying out loud, well... that's the impression I get... So it's not that painful ? Thanks.. astrogirl_2100
    I guess I contorted my face once or twice, but that was it, really. But it depends on where you get the tattoo. The arm is a pretty safe place, I guess. I would rate it on the same level as a bad sunburn. By the way, I'm not tough about pain at all.

I have an all black one too Amanda, but they did do an outline first. The outline hurts a lot more than the filling in. But hey I could handle it and if it's small it's done in about 15-20 minutes.
    Who shot who in the what now?

+ Reply to Thread