+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and Piercings?

whoa...hold mother of...dude...there is a cell phone in your ear!

I have 3 piercings, my eyebrow, tongue and an industrial (a bar that goes between 2 cartilage piercings in your ear).

Re: Tattoos and Piercings?

Well, I'm quite excited - I got my first professional tattoo (I tattooed a heart on my own foot 26 years ago - it's lovely ). Mr. Rattus and I were in Ottawa for a couple of days and went out to do a little shopping in the Byward Market. So I head into a used bookstore and Mr. Rattus heads into a used CD store. Ten minutes and twelve books later, I'm back on the street calling him on his cell to let him know I'm done. He, surprisingly enough, is not. So I sit on a big concrete planter to wait, and it happens to be in front of a pair of tattoo shops. I decide to go in and look around and was so taken with the spirit of things, I decided to get a tattoo then and there. It's a delightful little black fleur-de-lis on my left, inside ankle. I wanted to go for the skull and crossbones, but I didn't feel that would go over very well in the global corporate cubicle world I exist in 37.5 hours a week. Maybe next time.

Anyway, I come out of the store, give Mr. Rattus a call, and he's still CD shopping. I bought twelve books and got a tattoo in the time it took him to buy three CDs. I will bring this up any time I hear some man complaining about his wife's interminable shoe shopping.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

You renegade you...... Rattus, and you should go ahead and get what you want done. Stick it to the man and get skull and crossbones next time.

While I was typing my post my mind drifted over to the fact that my employers never see my shoulders, and I mean never. So, I believe I will do my bit for piracy the next time Mr. Rattus leaves me stranded in a bad neighbourhood while he shops for music
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Rattus, that story rocks. Now I want to go get a tattoo.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2572961;
    While I was typing my post my mind drifted over to the fact that my employers never see my shoulders, and I mean never. So, I believe I will do my bit for piracy the next time Mr. Rattus leaves me stranded in a bad neighbourhood while he shops for music

Rattus you truly are a "Wild Thang"......your tattoo sounds really cool. Maybe some day before my skin sags beyond recognition...I just might do it too...
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;2574165;
    Rattus you truly are a "Wild Thang"......your tattoo sounds really cool. Maybe some day before my skin sags beyond recognition...I just might do it too...
    Actually, that's why I thought just above the ankle might be a good choice. I think that cycling every where is keeping things down there relatively firm while everything else goes to hell in a handbasket.

Congrats Rattus! Woo HOO! Has your hubby noticed it yet?

I got this photo (with permission) of a cat tat on the leg of a girl sitting across the aisle from me on the bus to see my sweetie. I liked it a lot.

Attachment 22018
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:21 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I have a tat of a butterfly and I have my ears pierced. I did have my belly button pierced, but it fell out. My hubby has a tat of a puma on his arm.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

+ Reply to Thread