+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and Piercings?

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV View Post

So you don't like the tattoos on the lower back? I always thought guys liked them, I was actually considering this soon. But if its just tacky I might not.
    well not if they are interesting or fun to read while I somehow got the lady in that position for whatever reason I may have her in that position and be able to read that tattoo....as I try and keep it pg...

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...0219/20050219/
    Lower-back tattoos may carry birthing risk
    Updated Sat. Feb. 19 2005 7:49 AM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

Those lower-back tattoos that are all the rage amongst some young women could have medical consequences down the road.

A consensus is growing that pregnant women with the body artwork won't be able to get pain-relieving epidurals when it comes time to give birth.

"There will be people who may recommend no epidural. I don't know whether anyone in our group wouldn't perform one, but it would be something we'd have to talk about with patients," says Dr. Mark Kostach, a Calgary anesthesiologist.

The worst case scenario? "Possibly paralysis," he says.

It depends on the chemicals in the tattoo's dye, and whether or not they might somehow seep into the lower lumbar area of the spine, affecting the nervous system.

The area targeted by the epidural and the most currently popular area for female tattoos intersect.

"I never really knew anything about it," says one tattoo-adorned woman.

"That's a really popular spot. So considering how many women are out there that have them on their lower backs, I'm pretty sure that more research should be done it," tattoo artist Heather McLean told CTV News. "Because there's going to be more and more girls having babies that have huge pieces on their lower backs."

Right now, there is no consensus either way in the medical community as to the significance of the risk.

"We won't know until 10 years from now, when more women have had epidurals," Kostach says.

Until then, anesthesiologists will try to look for ink-free areas to administer epidurals -- and tattooed women may have to suffer for their desire to have both body art and babies.
    Something to bear in mind if you're thinking about getting a back tat and planning on having kid(s).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD
    my daughter and her friends call the lower back tats: Bimbo Spots
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Tattoos placed there are so banal. You can't put it there and expect folks not to look . But i don't, i think it's blase.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Well, guess I'm a bimbo. I've got a lower back tattoo, but I don't show it off anyway. I also have an ankle tattoo.

As well I have 11 piercings, my ears, my bellybutton and a tiny stud in my nose (like Kelly Clarkson)
    Last edited by DixiePixie; 07-19-2006 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Does anyone have any photos of their tattoos? That would be cool Libra1022, is there enough room to post your freakin huge one?
    I've got photos.
    This is my lower back tattoo...

and this is my ankle tattoo..

Those are adorable, DixiePixie.

I guess I'm a 'tramp' then, since I wanted to be able to hide my tat even in a tank top so I got mine on my lower back. It's actually not quite my lower back, it's more just at the waistband of my pants. Here's a pic - I designed it myself:

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

^ That is such a cute tat!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Does anyone have any photos of their tattoos? That would be cool Libra1022, is there enough room to post your freakin huge one?
    Mine's already in here on page 1, but I'll just do them as attachments here as well for easy clickies. The side view one was freshly done (about 10 years ago) when this was taken, and it's the same on the other side as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Libra1022 What a gorgeous tattoo! It is huge! I'm not that brave but I do applaud you.

Mellon: nice design!

DixiePixie: Great tats. I noticed the kitties
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread