+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and Piercings?

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by JenTheSurvivah! View Post
    I went through all 200 or so posts to make sure that I didn't already post in this thread so here it goes...

When I was younger, I was petrified over the prospect of something as simple as getting my ears pierced but a few days before my 16th birthday, I decided to get my ear pierced. Nope, that was no typo. I decided to get my right ear pierced since I pretty much live on the right side of the brain (those nutty art kids ) and, well, having both ears pierced is SO overrated.

For the last while, I've been debating about getting my nose pierced. Not like a bull hoop but a little nose stud a'la Kelly Clarkson. I've been determined to get it yet I keep getting nervous about since I hear people say that it hurts quite a bit. Does anyone here have any nose piercings? If so, how did that go over for you? I also heard that it's unsafe to get your nose pierced with a gun as well as that you get your nose pierced with this thick needle (and I am petrified of needles).

Ironically enough, I also would love to get several tattoos at some point in my life. I would probably want my first one to be a smaller one with just the quote "No Day But Today" (can you tell what one of my favorite musicals is?). At the risk of this post becoming even longer, there are still several other tattoos that I vow to have at some point in my life, particularly these designs...

-A Japanese dragon
    -The Pink Floyd/"Dark Side of the Moon" prism spreaded across my lower back
    -The acronym PLUR (Peace Love Unity Respect)
    My daughter got her nose pierced last month and we were amazed she wanted to do it as she is also PETRIFIED of needles, often acting like a 4 year old. But she said it really didn't hurt. SHe said it made her eyes water, but wasn't really painful and they did use a needle. And she said afterward it wasn't sore unless she touched it or laid on that side in bed. She has a tiny stud that is hardly noticable.

LOVE the pink floyd idea for the tattoo.

My tat didn't really hurt. It was more an annoyance than anything. I was surprised about that too, but where I got it is fleshy and I've heard the bonier parts of the body hurt worse.

Miss Kitty, when I'm feeling really adventerous, I'll get the temporary ones and put around my ankle. Usually its for when I go to the beach or a party. I like the ankle ones, but wouldn't get one there as its too hard to cover up and I would be self conscious about one there in church or a job interview, etc. I know someone who has one there and she was told by her boss that she would never get promoted tomanager because of it, the company had a no visible tattoo policy for managers.

I love the temporary ones and they have come a long way in design availability.

I want the Rolling Stones lips, but I have no idea where to get it.
    Last edited by MRD; 07-15-2006 at 11:24 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member
    I saw a guy in the grocery store today who had so many piercings on his face he looked absolutely grotesque. I couldn't stand to look at him long enough to count them, but he had numerous rings in his lips, ears, and he had his nose pierced through the septum so the two ends of the ring were hanging out of his nostrils. Add all that to the long greasy hair and dirty clothes, and you get the picture. My husband is the civil process server for the sheriff's department, and he said he has served him with papers a few times. He said he's a really nice, pleasant guy to talk to and is even married. So it proves that you can't judge someone by their appearance, because this guy is about the most creepy looking person I have ever seen.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    I saw a guy in the grocery store today who had so many piercings on his face he looked absolutely grotesque. I couldn't stand to look at him long enough to count them, but he had numerous rings in his lips, ears, and he had his nose pierced through the septum so the two ends of the ring were hanging out of his nostrils. Add all that to the long greasy hair and dirty clothes, and you get the picture. My husband is the civil process server for the sheriff's department, and he said he has served him with papers a few times. He said he's a really nice, pleasant guy to talk to and is even married. So it proves that you can't judge someone by their appearance, because this guy is about the most creepy looking person I have ever seen.
    I have a massage therapist that has multiple and I mean multiple facial piercings and tattoos. He has short hair and is clean in scrubs. But he is so soft spoken and so nice and a GREAT massage therapist, so you can't judge a book by its cover.

I'm all for individualism. Dare to be different, but at least be clean!

My only problem with individualism is that there are people of a certain size (and I am one of them) that should not wear spandex, mini skirts and see through shirts. Just because they make it in your size and it may also be what's in fashion today, does not mean you should wear it or that it looks good on you. YOu can still be fashionable and appropriate. You can even be an individual and different and appropriate if that makes sense.

When I see something like that I always think of the Bob Newhart show (the one set in Vermont) and Stephanie and her boyfriend playing fashion police and giving out tickets at the mall.

And my only problem with tats is the ones on the neck. Those bother me for some reason and I don't know quite why.

I love watching Miami Ink as they do some really cool tats.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    so you can't judge a book by its cover.
    Yeah, that's what I just said.

myrosiedog? The ones on the neck bother me as well, I don't particularily care for them there. A former co-worker of mine had one on the back of her neck and when she cut her hair real short? there it was! all the time!
    Last edited by totoro; 07-16-2006 at 01:32 AM.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird68 View Post
    myrosiedog? The ones on the neck bother me as well, I don't particularily care for them there. A former co-worker of mine had one on the back of her neck and when she cut her hair real short? there it was! all the time!
    I always thought they should have a bar code there if they are going to put a tattoo on the back of their necks, also the ones across the lower backs that the ladies seem to like so much i refer to them as "a licience plate"

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy View Post
    I always thought they should have a bar code there if they are going to put a tattoo on the back of their necks, also the ones across the lower backs that the ladies seem to like so much i refer to them as "a licience plate"

So you don't like the tattoos on the lower back? I always thought guys liked them, I was actually considering this soon. But if its just tacky I might not.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV View Post

So you don't like the tattoos on the lower back? I always thought guys liked them, I was actually considering this soon. But if its just tacky I might not.
    Ginger, I do have tattoos, but not across my lower back. More and more often I am hearing the back tattoos referred to as 'tramp stamps'. I'm not a fan of the label, especially since some of my favorite people have them, but it is becoming more common. Maybe its just out here though, but I thought I should at least mention it.
    Wag more, bark less

Jamie, they're called "tramp stamps" here as well. It bugs the heck out of me since mine is there and was gotten well before that became such a popular location on younger women. I've never experienced a bad reaction to having my tat there, but then again it's my entire lower back and rib cage on each side, so the normal reaction is "woah! that's freakin huge!".

Does anyone have any photos of their tattoos? That would be cool Libra1022, is there enough room to post your freakin huge one?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread