+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and Piercings?

Quote Originally Posted by eh~mee! View Post
    Shyra, so sorry for your losses....

Did you end up getting the tattoo?? I was going to get mine on Mothers day but every where was booked up so I'm waiting till my moms birthday...I want to get it on a memorable day for some reason.

I haven't got it yet but I did find the one I want when I took my daughter for her tattoo. It is a cross with a rose in it and it has a banner as well. Its going to cost me 125.00 but I think it is worth it although with me not working I have to save up some for it.

mrd I don't worry about piercings - when the kid changes their mind a piercing can be 'ignored' (they don't really grow over after a number of years) as long as it isn't something permanent like a tattoo or branding I'd like to THINK I'm ok with it.. we'll see what the future holds for my 6 yr old
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I just found out that from Sept 2-4, 2006 at the 3rd annual Calgary Tattoo & Arts Festival, Kat Von D of TLC's Miami Ink, Kari Barba from Outer Limits in Anaheim, Pin up and sea life master Deano Cook and many others will be in attendance!

They're really great, right? I don't live there but I probably could go and see it. What do you guys think? Would it be worth it?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I just found out that from Sept 2-4, 2006 at the 3rd annual Calgary Tattoo & Arts Festival, Kat Von D of TLC's Miami Ink, Kari Barba from Outer Limits in Anaheim, Pin up and sea life master Deano Cook and many others will be in attendance!

They're really great, right? I don't live there but I probably could go and see it. What do you guys think? Would it be worth it?

I'd go. Kat is GREAT!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

What would I get tattooed and where?

My sweetie has been learning to design and make his own temporary tattoos. He has to get his supplies from the States. It will be a great side-dish to his graphic design and caricature business. The only tattoo I've had was a little Canadian flag on my shoulder for Canada Day that washed off after a few days. I thought it was fun to have though. I am such a wuss.

misskitty,

What would I get tattooed and where?
    Obviously, you could get a kitty . . . . in Calgary.

Maybe your sweetie would be willing to come up with a concept that the tattoo artist can run with?

anemone

Thanks for the idea, I do like the idea of a kitty, I'm just not sure where to put it if it's permanent. My sweetie comes up with great ideas, just none that I'm willing to live with .

MRD
    Mine is on my left chest about 2 inches below my shoulder and just above the um, bosum. That way it is hidden when I want it to be and if I am in a crowd where I don't care, I wear a tank or scoop neck blouse and of course you can see it in my bathing suit too.

I worked in a place where you could not have visible tattoos and I think anyone considering one should think of that because there are some employers that will not hire because of that. I wonder when I see young adults and teens with very visible ones and think, what's going to happen in 10 years when you want that responsible job?

But there are places you can get them that you can cover up for work and then they show when you are not working.

The back of the shoulder, the lower back across the middle, the upper arm are places I'd reccomend.

And I think the kitty idea is fabulous
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I went through all 200 or so posts to make sure that I didn't already post in this thread so here it goes...

When I was younger, I was petrified over the prospect of something as simple as getting my ears pierced but a few days before my 16th birthday, I decided to get my ear pierced. Nope, that was no typo. I decided to get my right ear pierced since I pretty much live on the right side of the brain (those nutty art kids ) and, well, having both ears pierced is SO overrated.

For the last while, I've been debating about getting my nose pierced. Not like a bull hoop but a little nose stud a'la Kelly Clarkson. I've been determined to get it yet I keep getting nervous about since I hear people say that it hurts quite a bit. Does anyone here have any nose piercings? If so, how did that go over for you? I also heard that it's unsafe to get your nose pierced with a gun as well as that you get your nose pierced with this thick needle (and I am petrified of needles).

Ironically enough, I also would love to get several tattoos at some point in my life. I would probably want my first one to be a smaller one with just the quote "No Day But Today" (can you tell what one of my favorite musicals is?). At the risk of this post becoming even longer, there are still several other tattoos that I vow to have at some point in my life, particularly these designs...

-A Japanese dragon
    -The Pink Floyd/"Dark Side of the Moon" prism spreaded across my lower back
    -The acronym PLUR (Peace Love Unity Respect)
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

Thanks myrosiedog for your support I'm going to go slow on this because removal is painful and difficult if I change my mind. And Lord knows, I change my mind!

JenThe Survivah: I got a great idea this weekend. I'm going to get some temporary tatoos and stick them on a variety of places and then see if I dislike one place more than the other. And play with size as well. There are the stick-on kinds you can get at a Dollar Store. I have seen dragons, and fairies, and hearts and things!

The other idea I got today while on an Art Walk. Find a graphic artist who can air-brush a tattoo on. It will last only a few days and is very inexpensive. They put a stencil on your skin (after cleaning it of course) and use an air-brush to spray on a color or two. Then the stencil is removed, and your skin sprayed with a topical adhesive. Since you are considering words and graphics, I would really suggest playing around with this before you go all out! Mind you, I am a wuss.

Attachment 17760Attachment 17761Attachment 17762Attachment 17763
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 02:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread