+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and Piercings?

i am dying to get my lip piereced. But my mom is refusing to let me she'll let me get almost everything else piereced but my lips
    she'll let me get a tattoo before. it just makes me mad

Ha-ha...talk about me getting to this thread late, I've only been here for a few years...lol

In the past 3 months, I got 2 tattoos on my lower back, one on either side. 1 is a butterfly whoch is pink and blue (the colors have a personal meaning) and the other tat is a heart with sun rays and flames around it. I love them both.

While waiting to get my 2nd tattoo, I got my belly button pierced...I sound like I'm rebelling huh? lol

I paid lots of money for the belly button ring so I hope I don't have any problems with it.

I thought I was done with getting tattoos, but I might be getting one more sometime this year. I have it already drawn up, now I'm just going to wait for some friends cause they want one as well and it'll be their first tattoo and my 4th so they need a little confidence builder (me). After that one I think I might be done. The one I'm thinking of getting will be in memory of my mom and I need a little bit of her with me.

My daughter is getting a tattoo for her 18th birthday and today when we were in the tatoo shop I looked through some books and found one I liked. In 2002, I got one done of a rose in honour of my brother who died that year and since my mom passed away four months ago I have been wanting another one...well today I found it. A butterfly with a banner flying behind it but I don't know if I should put mom and dad on the banner or something like fly free...what would you put? My dad has been gone since 97, my brother since 2002 and my mom since this year as well as another brother in 1991.

Shyra...how very sad you have lost so many family members. My sympathies.

Maybe you could just put something like "In Memory" on the banner rather than try to put everyone's name or year of their passing? You could maybe have everyone's initial worked into the butterfly's wings somehow to make it more personal?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I like AJane's idea of "In Memery" and perhapd initials, that's nice.

Sorry about your losses Shyra. (((HUGS)))

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan View Post
    I like AJane's idea of "In Memery" and perhapd initials, that's nice.
    Shyra, remember to spell it correctly if you decide to use that phrase!

Sorry for your family loss as well. That is so very sad.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I think I will go with In Memory but not the initials..I think it would take away from the tattoo some and I hate needles to begin with so less for me is better. I have a friend that does awesome drawings and paintings and I am going to get him to design the tattoo for me so it will be unique and one of a kind at least for awhile. I know the tattoo shops here usually ask if they can keep the picture of a tattoo in their books for other people to use.

Shyra, so sorry for your losses....

Did you end up getting the tattoo?? I was going to get mine on Mothers day but every where was booked up so I'm waiting till my moms birthday...I want to get it on a memorable day for some reason.

MRD
    I let my 15 year old daughter get her nose pierced on Sat. It really is cute and I didn't think I'd like it. She's been pestering us for a year. But her first year of high school just ended and she had PHENOMANOL grades and state testing scores, so we relented and now we have something to hold over her: grades drop or you get in trouble, it comes out.
    I've caught some flack about it, but she really is such a good kid and makes great grades and doesn't get in trouble, so what the heck. She's going to be an art major anyway, so she probably would have done it at 18 anyway.
    Besides, aren't artists supposed to be different??
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread