+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and Piercings?

Wow. Didn't know we had so many 'colorful' people in here . I don't have the nerve to get a tattoo yet. Always wanted something small though. Think I'll start with one of those little children's lick'n'paste tatoos!
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    ...and now 8 years later people find it hard to believe I was that angry nasty person.
    I'll never believe that gabriel . Very glad you took your kitties and ran in the opposite direction
    myrosiedog I've had a pen pal for 20 years who now lives in Florida. His name is Frank and he lives in Bradenton.... Say Hi to him for me will ya!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I have 2 piercings in each ear. The second one was done about 15 years ago. About 3 years ago, I stopped wearing the usual diamond studs there. I put them in again about a week ago and they are so sore. It hurt so much to get them back in each day that I was just leaving them in until today. They just hurt too much. Should I deal with it and leave them in and how long will it take for my ears to get used to these things again? I have a very low tolerance for pain!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    The first time I had my ears pierced they got infected so I let them grow shut, or so I thought. The front closed up, but the back didn't. Now I have to be careful when I put in earrings so I hit the right hole or they look lopsided.

I'm still looking for the right place to get my second tattoo done. I got the first one in Michigan when my daughter lived there and I really like the work they did, but I don't think I want to drive an hour and a half each way just for that when I know there have to be places around here that do good work.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I have 2 piercings in each ear. The second one was done about 15 years ago. About 3 years ago, I stopped wearing the usual diamond studs there. I put them in again about a week ago and they are so sore. It hurt so much to get them back in each day that I was just leaving them in until today. They just hurt too much. Should I deal with it and leave them in and how long will it take for my ears to get used to these things again? I have a very low tolerance for pain!
    Low tolerance for pain? You've had two kids, have you not?

Same thing happened to me...I didn't wear earrings in a few of my ear piercings for a couple of years, but it hurt like a bugger when I put the earrings back in them. I swabbed them for a couple of days with alcohol (yes, I know you're not supposed to use that to clean piercings) and they've been fine since.

Well, I went ahead and got my brow pierced. Didn't hurt at all, and hasn't hurt since - but, I have a big ol' black eye. What a way to start a new job - fortunately my new co-workers knew me from before so they don't think I'm a complete moron. But I like the way it looks, or rather I will when my bruise disappears.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Low tolerance for pain? You've had two kids, have you not?
    Yes, I had two kids...with DRUGS!
    Same thing happened to me...I didn't wear earrings in a few of my ear piercings for a couple of years, but it hurt like a bugger when I put the earrings back in them. I swabbed them for a couple of days with alcohol (yes, I know you're not supposed to use that to clean piercings) and they've been fine since.
    I've been using alcohol too. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to. Why not? They're actually feeling a little better now.

AJane, a black eye? Is that normally a result of a brow piercing?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I would love to get a tat from Kat Von D. I think her work is amazing.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I think Kat is amazing as well Tallulah....just that her specialty isn't my thing. I'm hoping to save up and figure out something so that I can head down to Miami and get one from Chris Garver...not only do I find him TOTALLY attractive (sort of quirky cause he's not your typical hot guy, but there's something there I adore), but his style is a bit more me and he's just incredible.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    You definatley want to find an artist who will draw it the way you want. If you ask 3 differant artists to redraw the same picture you will get three differant pictures. I would find what you want and have them draw it in front of you. ASk them how they would shade it and everything cause they may do something you don't like.

I have the advantage when it comes to my tatttoos cause when Jafo does them I can tell him where to shade and mix my own colors. I find pictures a lot of times and copy them so I can shade them in myself (he is teaching me to tatoo and that is the most MAJOR important skill to learn) but I shade alot of my designs because sometimes I have a differant idea about the way I want it to look. If you go in knowing what you want and where that is the best thing to do. You are more likely to get what you want and you are less likely to regret it later.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

My ears are peirced, but I rarely wear earings, I have gone years without wearing and they have never grown over. I got my belly button pierced last year. On the waiver they said it would take 6 to 9 months to heal. Wow, they weren't kidding! Worth it though, I love it. Took me until I hit my 30s to be comfortable enough with my body to do it.

I also have 3 tatoos. I got two when I was 16, a tiger on my thigh and the theater masks (tragedy and entertainment) on my upper chest. I spent 15 years hating the masks, the guy did a terrible job, so I got that one covered a few months ago with a beautiful fairy. Took about 6 hours over a couple of sessions to cover the old one. A couple weeks ago, I got one on my calf of a tiger's face in the shape of a butterfly amongst flowers. That is by far my favorite. I told my tattoo guy that was all for me, but it is so addicting, I'm sure I'll go back for more!

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I literally stood up, looked a my first one and was ready for more.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

+ Reply to Thread