+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and Piercings?

That's my problem, too Lil_Cutie. I think about what I liked even 5 years ago, and think "dang, if I'd have gotten a tat then, I'd hate it now. So if I get one now, I'll probably hate it in 5 years!"

I think there's another thread like this that I posted in, but I'll post again.

I have my ears pierced twice, and I used to have the cartilidge pierced, but that got infected.

I also have a tattoo on my lower back of Kokopelli, which is a Hopi Indian god. One of the pieces I played for my senior recital in college was called "Kokopelli". I feet it really represents me and my playing style. I don't regret the tattoo at all. I have a picture of it somewhere. . . but I think I deleted it.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Only have my ears pierced, and would not have them pierced either, but I lost a bet once and had to go. I hardly ever wear earrings though, just to formal dinners and such occasions. I do not even wear wedding/engagement rings anymore, too irritating.

I have been thinking about a tattoo, but I can't come up with anything that I would feel I could stand having in long run. It is so permanent, that it feels like it should be something really meaningful to me, maybe someday I figure out what would be the right design and have it made.

FORT Fogey
    I would never get one of those fad tattoos - butterflies, roses, tribal signs, Chinese lettering, etc. I just have two tattoos, both of which I designed and have personal meaning to me.

Originally posted by John
    That's my problem, too Lil_Cutie. I think about what I liked even 5 years ago, and think "dang, if I'd have gotten a tat then, I'd hate it now. So if I get one now, I'll probably hate it in 5 years!"
    John, that's why when you do get a tattoo, thats its something that you really, really like. Sorta like golfing. You get one thats a subject thats near and dear to you. Me, I have always like sci-fi/fantasy stuff so thats why mine are along that line. Its something I will never tire of.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I agree, Ili. It's why I don't have a tat yet. I want one, but I'll have to wait until I think of something I *really* like. Maybe the FORT logo.

FORT Fogey
    John that's perfect! The FORT logo would be perfect for you and you'd always like it!

Me on the other hand, I'm not sure!

Originally posted by greenflute98
    I think there's another thread like this that I posted in, but I'll post again.

I have my ears pierced twice, and I used to have the cartilidge pierced, but that got infected.

I also have a tattoo on my lower back of Kokopelli, which is a Hopi Indian god. One of the pieces I played for my senior recital in college was called "Kokopelli". I feet it really represents me and my playing style. I don't regret the tattoo at all. I have a picture of it somewhere. . . but I think I deleted it.
    Greenflute, there must be something about music majors and kokopellis, because one of my very best friends was a music and math major, and she is obsessed with kokopellis (she plays the clarinet, which I also played but gave up awhile ago). Her entire family room is kokopelli-esque, and I can frequently be found there, playing with her stand-up-kokopelli-wooden-puzzle-guy. She's in a concert band, and many of her friends there also collect kokopellis....hmmm.......
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Wow, Shazzer, that's kind of crazy. I'm not sure I've met any other musicians who like kokopellis. All the other kokopellis I have are ones people have given to me as gifts. You're friend sounds pretty cool, though.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    I would never get one of those fad tattoos - butterflies, roses, tribal signs, Chinese lettering, etc. I just have two tattoos, both of which I designed and have personal meaning to me.
    *Looks over shoulder at tattoo and feels ashamed*

Actually, while I can't legitimately claim any sort of connection to the Chinese language (other than the fairly lame "I think it's pretty"), the word "Joy" that I got was my grandmother's name, is my middle name, and, let's face it, is just a pretty cool concept.

But outside of that, yeah, I guess I'm too trendy. Eh, such is life. There are worse things.

+ Reply to Thread