+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and Piercings?

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd View Post
    Well, after the tattoo I posted above I also plan to get the entire
    1 Corinthians 13:1-13 tattooed on my back below it. Because it's a personal reason and I don't actually want people to knowing what it is, I have chosen to have it translated. I actually come from a long line of verbal and physical abusers. I have in the past had a temper that scares me. After I moved away from home it got better for a while until I got a highstress job... it reared it's ugly head big time for a year or so there. Here's where it gets cheezey I watched a walk to remember, and it absolutely moved me. I wrote down the verse on a scrap of paper and would keep in my packet at work. Whenever my blood would get a boilin I would take out the paper, read it and feel so much better. After a few years and a few moves, people actually know me now as "the sweet one" "the quiet one" and "Sooo nice" They have no idea how much of a deliberate process it is. Now that I have a child of my own, and having been suffering secretly through PPD, I want a permanent reminder of what I came from, and where I aspire to be for my family on myself. I want to see it, and think of it every day so that I will never do to my children what my parents and grandparents had done to theirs. It's going to be something basically like this:
    ClosetNerd, I don't think it's cheesy at all! I think it's commendable that you recognized where you where, decided you didn't want to be there, and moved on. My hat's off to you! Also, there's no reason to be "suffering secretly through PPD". Alot of us have experienced those feelings. It's not uncommon and you shouldn't deal with it alone.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    ClosetNerd..I commend you! I, unfortunately, can relate with everything you said. Without getting into my past and all the #%it I've endured..just remember, as I always have to remember.. you're a success!

Just wanting to letcha know that I have always enjoyed your posts here at the Fort and agree w/people, you are very sweet.

Oh, and in line with the thread..I've already posted a long time ago about my one tattoo. But, this year I'm getting a huge piece done on my thigh, down my leg.. it's going to be flowers and Italian writing about my honey. I'm really excited!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I can so relate also. But when I turned 40 told my ex I was sick of his boozing and always "rehabbing", took Mona & Joey, a chair, tv and my clothes - said all the rest of the stuff is yours I have paid your rent for a year, now stay away from me. It took about 2 years for Mona & Joey to stop jumping, and another 2 years fo me to even out and now 8 years later people find it hard to believe I was that angry nasty person.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I've wanted a tattoo for a long time so after my daughter was born I got her and my son's name on a banner wrapped around a double heart. It sucks, it's my kids' names so that's good but I let my husband talk me into getting it from this guy he does work for and I just don't like how it turned out at all. I got spoiled by watching Miami Ink and Inked and want a tattoo like that! So I'm wanting another one, saw a really cool victorian looking heart shaped padlock with a ribbon flowing from it with keys. Saw it on the net but now I can't remember where so I don't know how to get in touch with the person to get permission to use the design. But if it's posted free on the net then it's fair game right?
    Last edited by karna68; 01-27-2006 at 06:28 PM.

Oh I forgot to add the line to my previous post... You're probably wondering what this has to do with tattoos: I was going to get one with his name in a circle and crossed out but decided that was stupid.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD
    I so want to go to Miami and get a tattoo by one of the guys from Miami Ink.
    I'm only 3 hours away. Wonder how booked up they are and what they charge? I want Garver to do it. Or Ami. Not the other Chris who is always hungover. LOL

I have a pink flamingo on my upper chest, just below my shoulder. I got it when I turned 40.

I would like another small one somewhere, but can't decide where, although I know what. I want the Rolling Stones lips and tongue, but I want it done well. Should have got that when I turned 40 as the band started in 1962 and that was the year I was born.

My dh hates tattoos and he was mad when I came home with the one I got. I knew better than to tell him. As I said to him later: "you always say its better to ask for forgiveness later than permission before". LOL

My teenager is wanting to make a career in the arts and now I've got her hooked on watching Miami Ink, she now wants to be a tattoo artist. Her dad is SO happy. NOT! LOL! But she'll change her mind. I really can't see her doing this as she just about faints at the sight of needles and blood.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I'm only 3 hours away. Wonder how booked up they are and what they charge?
    I've been on the boards at TLC for Miami Ink and supposedly they're just taking walk ins right now so you might get lucky. I would think they're pretty expensive though.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    3 hours from miami? that puts you in the orlando area. check on the OBT for a shop called Ancient Art tattoo. and see is "Just Plain Bud" still owns it. ask for him. he did mine and Ilikai's and good rates too. it was across the street form one of the strip joints there, can't remember which one though

I'm only 3 hours away. Wonder how booked up they are and what they charge? I want Garver to do it. Or Ami. Not the other Chris who is always hungover. LOL

I have a pink flamingo on my upper chest, just below my shoulder. I got it when I turned 40.

I would like another small one somewhere, but can't decide where, although I know what. I want the Rolling Stones lips and tongue, but I want it done well. Should have got that when I turned 40 as the band started in 1962 and that was the year I was born.

My dh hates tattoos and he was mad when I came home with the one I got. I knew better than to tell him. As I said to him later: "you always say its better to ask for forgiveness later than permission before". LOL

My teenager is wanting to make a career in the arts and now I've got her hooked on watching Miami Ink, she now wants to be a tattoo artist. Her dad is SO happy. NOT! LOL! But she'll change her mind. I really can't see her doing this as she just about faints at the sight of needles and blood.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy View Post
    3 hours from miami? that puts you in the orlando area. check on the OBT for a shop called Ancient Art tattoo. and see is "Just Plain Bud" still owns it. ask for him. he did mine and Ilikai's and good rates too. it was across the street form one of the strip joints there, can't remember which one though

Thanks JoeGuy, but I'm about 2 hours from Orlando too.

I live on the west coast of Florida between Sarasota and Ft. Myers. So it puts me 2 hours from Orlando (was up there yesterday and it took us exactly 2 hours) and was in Miami in November and that took us 3 hours and we were NOWHERE near South Beach. I hate Miami. I"d only go to get a tattoo there. Otherwise I try to stay far away. :LOL
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Thanks JoeGuy, but I'm about 2 hours from Orlando too.

I live on the west coast of Florida between Sarasota and Ft. Myers. So it puts me 2 hours from Orlando (was up there yesterday and it took us exactly 2 hours) and was in Miami in November and that took us 3 hours and we were NOWHERE near South Beach. I hate Miami. I"d only go to get a tattoo there. Otherwise I try to stay far away. :LOL

What I look for is someone who (if you can) has done work on someone you know. That way you can see the end result and ask important questions like "is he gentle?" My first tattoo was in a shop and I loved the guys work and friend that took me recommended him for a first cause he had a "light hand". Just cause a guy has a shop doesn't mean he's good. I have seen some disasters. Or sometimes, like you mentioned, the guy just doesn't have the same eye that you do.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

+ Reply to Thread