+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and Piercings?

AmyKay, and anyone else who has a brow piercing - I'm considering one myself. Anything I should watch out for? And would you get one again?

I got my upper left ear done last year (I have five *regular* ear piercings, in the lobes) and it didn't hurt when I got it done, but it took forever to heal. I admit I was a little lax in my aftercare, but even now I have to be careful not to touch it too much, or it gets sore. My other ear piercings are fine. I love the look of a brow piercing, but I heard it leaves a wicked scar. Any comments?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Yes mine did leave a pretty bad scar, but I think it depends on the case. Mine isnt SO bad actually, if your looking at my eyebrow you can see it, but not when youre looking at my whole face. I took extremely good care of mine, I think my skin just rejected it, tried to basically push it out, thus the bad scar. I was told that may happen tho.

As for hurting, it didnt hurt when I got it done, but it hurt like hell when I was getting used to not sleeping on that side at first. I had a hoop with a ball in it, and the slightest catch on the pillow would tug it. Once it healed I was fine tho.

I say if ya want it go for it. If you dont like it you can always take it out!

My husband got his eyebrow pierced once, and it never ever healed. It was raw and oozing for weeks and weeks. Then one day he was bending over to get something out of the back seat of the car and a gust of wind blew the door shut and it smashed him in the face. What little healing progress that he had made was all ondone by that. The new skin all came out of the hole. It was very odd. So anyway he took it out.

I am getting a new tattoo soon But I can't decide the font to use.
    Can you guys help me decide/ The top one, or the bottom one:
    Or if you have any other suggestions (drop shadow? Bevel?) I'll take any input
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Those brow piercings sound like horror stories.

ClosetNerd, I'd vote for the first font...I had trouble deciphering what the second one said, particularly the word 'would.'
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

CN, I say the first one. I actually like the second one more but roseskid is right, it's hard to decipher. Wouldn't it get even harder to read after time goes by? I'm tattooless but my husband has one of a scorpion on his bicep. The wording under it is a little hard to read, even more so than when I met him 7 years ago.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Thanks you two I think you are right. The first one is less garbly and will stay more so that way over the years.

I have my ears peirced but don't wear earings and they won't close. I also have one in my right upper ear that still has a ring in it. I used to have my left eyebrow peirced and then after a year my body decided to reject it so I took it out and got the right one done....same thing after a year. I have 3 tattoos...right thigh, lower back and chest.

And I say if anyone really wants a tattoo but might think they are too squeemish then pick a part that has fat....tattoos and bone is not the thing for you! And once you get one...it may be hard to stop...I don't know what it is. but after 3 I'm done....I'd like to add a little to the first one I got but can't think of anything yet.

Plus I hate needles and the sound of the tattoo thing, I get all woozy. The way to help that is to breathe deep and either have a sucker or iced tea or 7up or soemthing to sip on. I almost fainted at all 8 peirceings/tattoo. So I think my next big step someday is to see if I can get my ears repeirced. For now I'm going to be the wimp I truely am and hid under a blanket if I see a needle on tv and cover my ears when teh sound of the tattoo thing comes on tv

Oh ya and my eye brow peircings all went well. Just started to grow out. And if you notice that and take the ring out it'll heal just fine. The left side you can't tell I had one and I expect the right one to be like that in a year. But neither are noticable....never were.

Oh ya and I had my belly button peirced too. I forgot about that one.
    Last edited by eh~mee!; 01-24-2006 at 03:18 PM.

Ok so a total of 4 peircings and 3 tattoos.... but only 1 peircing stayed... 3 my body rejected but I would still love to have....oh well. At least tattoos stay...that would suck to go through all that to have them dissapear!

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO'S PRINCESS View Post
    I am bumping this thread because I REALLY love tattoos. So PLEASE someone start talking.
    Hey I'm just bumping this cause I know some people might still be interested in chatting

Well, after the tattoo I posted above I also plan to get the entire
    1 Corinthians 13:1-13 tattooed on my back below it. Because it's a personal reason and I don't actually want people to knowing what it is, I have chosen to have it translated. I actually come from a long line of verbal and physical abusers. I have in the past had a temper that scares me. After I moved away from home it got better for a while until I got a highstress job... it reared it's ugly head big time for a year or so there. Here's where it gets cheezey I watched a walk to remember, and it absolutely moved me. I wrote down the verse on a scrap of paper and would keep in my packet at work. Whenever my blood would get a boilin I would take out the paper, read it and feel so much better. After a few years and a few moves, people actually know me now as "the sweet one" "the quiet one" and "Sooo nice" They have no idea how much of a deliberate process it is. Now that I have a child of my own, and having been suffering secretly through PPD, I want a permanent reminder of what I came from, and where I aspire to be for my family on myself. I want to see it, and think of it every day so that I will never do to my children what my parents and grandparents had done to theirs. It's going to be something basically like this:
    Last edited by ClosetNerd; 12-29-2006 at 01:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread