+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and Piercings?

Ilikai, you're quite a runt, aren't you?

My friend's husband has some tattoos. Someone took a black and white picture of his arm surrounded by wood chips and it came out very well.

well 6 foot and 230 isn't a runt I don't think
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

JR.
    no piercings, and this is the only tat I have
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have two tats. One on the small of my back that is a chinese symbol for best friends. My best friend and I got them for our 25th birthdays. (we're a week apart) I never really thought about them not meaning what I thought they meant. Hmmmm. Well at least if I ever decide not to be friends with her, I can lie and say it means something else.

The other is on my left shoulder. A small Yin and Yang, and it hurt like hell. It was my first one. It was oozing blood for about 8 hours. I later found out the they're not supposed to do that! Needless to say, I didn't go back to that guy for my next one.

I have each ear pierced once although I did have 2 piercings in 1 ear for a while then it closed. No tatoos, I'm too chicken. I'd like to get a small tweety tatoo on my lower midddle back, but nah it isn't going to happen!

I have two piercings in each ear but I haven't worn earrings in the second one for so long, they've probably closed. and I just can't do the tattoo thing. The pain, the sagging, the permanency.

Originally posted by raindance
    aj, i'm chinese, I can help you out.
    Oh no. That tattoo DOES mean 'eat at joe's'

I'm sorry.
    I guess I'll have to make sure I keep it covered up when I'm in China. For now, I guess I'll just lie.

I really wish I knew more about the Chinese language. It's so beautiful to look at, but, much like English, it seems to have a lot of rules that are tough to understand unless you really spend a lot of time studying it. And, well, I'm far too lazy for that.

aj. Yes the chinese language is beautiful. Too bad many chinese (here in my country) do not really appreciate it. *shrug. For the record, your tat does mean joy, happiness. The seond character, in particular, is mostly used in weddings.

Back to topic!

I want a butterfly tattoo on the small of my back or shoulder, but too wimpy to do it
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

I just have one piercing in each ear. Fifty percent of the time I don't even wear earrings in them. I've never had the desire for a tattoo.

FORT Fogey
    I have each of my ears pierced once.

I'd like to get a tat, but I'm not sure what I'd like. I'm afraid I'll hate it 10 years from now. But I think they're really cool!

+ Reply to Thread