+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and Piercings?

I had my 3 year old daughter's ears pierced when she was 7 months old. I figured that if she grew up with them as part of her they would be less likely to become a play thing. When you have children's ears pierced when they are toddlers they don't leave them alone and they are prone to infections.
    I think I was just so proud to have a girl that I had to let everyone know it.
    Before someone says.. you tortured your daughter for your own vanity.. let me just say that my ears have been pierced since I was about a year old so it follows the perception of normal for me.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Sheesh, I must be one of the few people left on the planet with no tattoos or piercings, at all, anywhere, ever. I never even got my ears pierced when I was little, and then by the time my mother would let me I didn't want it that bad. I have considered getting a tattoo of a treble clef (music symbol) on the small of my back, but again, I just don't want it bad enough.
    I....

Apparently, Lucy, you missed my post. Shazzer and I are an elite rebellious group of non-body alterers. You may join us if you wish
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Apparently, Lucy, you missed my post. Shazzer and I are an elite rebellious group of non-body alterers. You may join us if you wish
    Didn't you know I don't have time to read everybody's posts but post my own opinions anyway? . No, I had just read through six pages worth of posts, so I missed it. But I'll gladly join your non-body-altering club, if it doesn't conflict with my Messy Women Support group schedule.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Didn't you know I don't have time to read everybody's posts but post my own opinions anyway? . No, I had just read through six pages worth of posts, so I missed it. But I'll gladly join your non-body-altering club, if it doesn't conflict with my Messy Women Support group schedule.
    You are having short term memory problems today, I believe. Must have had too much wine lately. I am also a member of MWSG so we'll schedule around it.

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    You are having short term memory problems today, I believe. Must have had too much wine lately. I am also a member of MWSG so we'll schedule around it.
    I did too remember that! I meant OUR MWSG meetings.... .... now I'm wondering if there are any other "groups" that I'm in and just don't remember....

Sure, sure

and tatoos are cool, I hear (to get this thread back on track after I have derailed it)

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    Can I ask a question, is tattooing painful ? Please tell me your experiences...
    ok, both of mine were three hours in the chair, three hours of nasty mosquito bites, hurt? nope! annoying as hell? you bet!!!! but I like what I got and haven't wanted to add to the collection. they both have meaning to me and no need to expound on it

um what did Lucy say up there?? I stopped reading

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    um what did Lucy say up there?? I stopped reading
    thought it might sound familiar, Duxxy.

and too

+ Reply to Thread