+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and Piercings?

yeah, the belly button piercing is definitely painful. mainly b/c your clothes constantly hit the piercing, and it takes forever to heal. once it does though, no problem.

and compared to the pain of a tat removal it's like a slap on the wrist.

I was considering a belly-button piercing - then I got pregnant, briefly considered it again, got pregnant again - now I have 2 gorgeous kids and will never wear a cropped top or low riders again, lol.
    A friend of mine does tat removals - word of warning to those thinking about getting ink, black and red are the hardest colours to remove.
    And tongue piercings - not for me, thanks, my sis-in-law has one - it got infected and it reeked. Absolutely disgusting (and kinda funny, watching her try to disinfect it).
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Everytime I see anything about tongue piercings, I remember a guy who was a roommate of mine in college. He went to get his tongue pierced and as soon as he got back, he kept trying to get every girl he knew to make out with him to 'try it out' :rolleyes Some of my friends took him up on it, but I declined. As a general rule, I try to keep other people's body parts with fresh 'wounds' far away from my mouth
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I have 5 piercings - all in my ears, and 1 tattoo of 2 japanese characters. The top one is love and the bottom is husband. I am thinking of adding daughter and a red maple leaf to my tat.
    As far as pain goes.. I found it more annoying than painful. Think of someone poking you in the forehead for 20 mins (the time it took to ink my tat) I went to a reputable tattoo artist and I researched my own tat. I photocopied the characters from an english/japanese dictionary myself so I will never wonder if my tat says something it shouldn't
    I had my tat done when I was 28, considering adding to it now, at 33. My husband has a tat to match but his bottom character is wife, he wants another one to mark his 35th birthday in 2 weeks, he hasnt decided on the deisgn yet.

ETA: that is my right shoulder blade LOL. I have a rampant fear of any needle coming in contact with my spine so that makes my lower back and the back of my neck out out the question!
    Last edited by Duxxy; 01-23-2007 at 04:45 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    A friend of mine does tat removals - word of warning to those thinking about getting ink, black and red are the hardest colours to remove.
    that's odd. the place that did my one laser treatment for tat removal said that black was the easiest to remove and that red was the hardest.... and colors other than black are often still visible after the treatments. all i know is that when they looked at my tat they said i was prime candidate for a successful full tat removal b/c i'm fair skinned, i don't bake in the sun, and the tat was all black. after the first treatment, i swear it faded by like 50%.

and hurt like hell? yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I researched my own tat. I photocopied the characters from an english/japanese dictionary myself so I will never wonder if my tat says something it shouldn't !
    I think that is incredibly wise. I've often wondered if some people are walking around with big Japanese 'kick me' signs on their bodies

Btw- love your new sig. That's a pet peeve of mine as well.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

yup, hurt like hell. when i got out to the car, i swear i had to come up with new cuss words to yell, as there clearly weren't enough to suffice in my current vocabulary.

however, i'm eventually going to have the rest of it removed.... when i get my nerve back. it's only been 5 years since my last treatment and that's not nearly enough time.

LOL Sher, just goes to show that there is more than one way to be marked for life lOL

SG401 - it just irritates the poop outta me that I am expected to read every word that some people deem fit to type, but yet, they think what the rest of us have to say is so unimportant that they should just skip it and give us their version.. because it's much more important :rolleyes

Sheesh, I must be one of the few people left on the planet with no tattoos or piercings, at all, anywhere, ever. I never even got my ears pierced when I was little, and then by the time my mother would let me I didn't want it that bad. I have considered getting a tattoo of a treble clef (music symbol) on the small of my back, but again, I just don't want it bad enough.
    I did once date a guy who had, among his numerous tattoos, one of the skeleton of a rat praying. On his neck. It actually looked more like a small dinosaur than a rat....
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread