+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and Piercings?

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I have one piercing in each ear. I dont want any tattoos right now and probably never will.

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention...I've heard a lot of people talk about tattoo artists like Ili mentioned that have a "heavy hand". I'm sure that has a lot to do with the different levels of pain that people experience. I guess I just got lucky that Pierre had a light hand.

This thread disturbs me in so many ways...not just the whole pain factor, but the whole needles-poking-incessantly-through-flesh factor...

*shudder* No piercings for me. And henna instead of tats, please.

...on a side note, didya know that during the Swinging Twenties, tattoos were the mark of the elite class?

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    I'm a little ahead of ya astrogirl but consider my piercings whimpy ... I've got 10 but they are all ear piercings, 3 lower in each ear (so 6) and another 4 cartilidge in my right ear only (completing my 10).
    I heard that the cartilidge piercings are somewhat painful. I would rate mine as: tounge: no pain what so ever, Easrs (lobes): a little pain, no biggie, Eyebrow: somewhat more painful, I shed a tear when that one was done (but just one ) Bellybutton: the most painful and uncomfortable and it takes a long time to heal. I recommend starting with a tounge piercing

Wow, I would have thought a tongue piercing would be the one of the more painful ones astrogirl. It sure looks like it would hurt. I didn't even feel it when I got my eyebrow pierced, but my ear lobes and ear cartilage stung like crazy for a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    Wow, I would have thought a tongue piercing would be the one of the more painful ones astrogirl. It sure looks like it would hurt. I didn't even feel it when I got my eyebrow pierced, but my ear lobes and ear cartilage stung like crazy for a few minutes.
    There are no nervers in the middle of the tounge. That's why it doesn't hurt at all. I was like "wow, there a neddle sticking out of my tounge, and I feel absolutely nothing".

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa

*shudder* No piercings for me. And henna instead of tats, please.

I did buy a henna kit once and used to do elaborate henna tatoos on myself. It was fun, looked groovy, but went away about when I was getting tired of them.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    Henna's awesome--- but I'm not a big fan of when you do it all over the hands, I always have to do a double take because it makes the hands look kinda dirty. But its Beautiful when you look at the design!!!

My brother (hes 19 tomorrow) wants a tattoo. I'm a little scared because he's the kind of guy who would totally get a HUGE eagle all over his chest and a drage on his back and something all the way around his arm etc. etc. And then he'll never be able to get rid of them without causing himself tremendous pain. On another note, my grandfather has a naked lady on his arm...

Peircings- just one on each ear. No desire to do more because my earlobes are attatched so I have no room. And where people get the cartiledge done, my ear is shaped weirdly so I can't get it there either. Bellybutton- I play sports all year round so thats a no no. Tongue and Eyebrow gross me out so no thank you.

My first cartilidge piercing wasn't so bad, mistake of having it on the side of my head that I sleep and talk on the phone on...but other than that not too bad. My somewhat large mistake was doing the next 3 all in the same sitting, not reccomended at all!! I was not a happy girl as they healed, in fact I was making my husband clean them for me cause I couldn't bear to move them on my own. They do take quite a while to heal (but not as long as belly buttons or nipples from what I understand)....but once they are done there's no problem whatsoever.

(on a side note...I also had these done at piercing salons NOT mall shops that use guns, nobody that I know that's had cartilidge done with a gun has had very good luck or healing time with it...also placement tends to be funky since they need a straighter/flatter area to work in)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    There are no nervers in the middle of the tounge. That's why it doesn't hurt at all. I was like "wow, there a neddle sticking out of my tounge, and I feel absolutely nothing".

Surprisingly, it doesn't hurt at all. Of course the tongue swells up all fat for a couple of days, but there's no pain.

+ Reply to Thread