+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Changing Jobs

I know just how you feel about changing jobs.I recently left the company that i had worked at for 17 years.It was a hard decision but the company had gone from being one of the best in the business to one of the worst to work for and i felt i needed to leave the sinking ship or drown with it.I now make more money than i would have ever made with them and enjoy the professional atmosphere that i work in now.

I would ask for the bonus since by promising it they made a verbal contract with you.I don't think you should give it to yourself without permission though because you will be opening yourself up to charges of fraud and embezzelment.If they are that petty to you because of leaving they might just jump at the chance to try to hurt you.

If they need you to keep helping out they will honor their commitment that they made as far as the bonus goes or then they could do without my services if i was in your shoes.

GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR NEW JOB!!
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

Re: Changing Jobs

Originally posted by Miss Filangi
    My current boss is furious with me and it's been tense. I gave him a week's notice and said that I will be willing to come in weekends and evenings on a temporary basis. I believe this is PLENTY more than they deserve. (Hasn't always been a happy place to be and I'm the resident punching bag)

Here is where I need some advice.

A couple weeks ago, I did some work over and above my job description. I was told in appreciation of that work, I'd receive a bonus. Well, since money was tight, I didn't press it.

As I'm quitting, am I still entitled to this bonus? And how do I go about requesting it?
    You should not have to ask for a bonus that was offered to you. I would request it anyway. If they do not give it to you; absolutely DO NOT go in on your weekends or evenings. The reason you are leaving is because they are not professional in their dealings. You do not owe them anything, especially if they are not holding up their end of the bargain. NO BONUS=NO MORE NOTICE. If they do not give you your bonus and pay for week#1 of your notice, then do not go in for week #2(nights and weekends). Sounds like you might get screwed on this one. I am glad you have a new job to go to. I wish you great success there!

yeah, wayner gave you good advice. go with that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123