+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Played-Out Slang

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    I totally agree! I call it soda or just Coke. For me, Coke means any brown soda out there, be it Pepsi, Coke, or Safeway brand. On that note, when waiters ask you, "Is Pepsi okay?" when you order Coke, does anyone really care? That would be just sad if you refused to drink Pepsi, only Coke. Sheesh.
    We Canuks ALWAYS say pop. If you asked for a soda up here no one would know what you were talking about
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey
    Me and my friend are from opposite ends of Wisconsin. In the Southeast, we say "soda" and in the southwest they say "pop"...drives me nuts cuz she'll correct me when I say "soda" grrrrr! NO, it's soda! She's slipped though

Is southeastern Wisconsin the only part of the country that says "blubber" instead of "drinking fountain"? And if so...how'd that come to be?

I admit to saying a lot of these slang words. Oops. I say,"Ya know, like," a lot...it's a problem and I don't even realize I do it.

Does anyone say,"See ya on the flip side"? I think it's kinda funny. I admit to saying it, and actually recently.

Someone mentioned "holler" and "holla". I just said "holla" a couple of days ago. I never say that word but I said it a couple of days ago Ok, I say it once in awhile.

"Yo, yo, yo" bugs me, though.

when the person your talking to says "thats whats up" after you tell them what your doing or whatever

I totally agree! I call it soda or just Coke. For me, Coke means any brown soda out there, be it Pepsi, Coke, or Safeway brand. On that note, when waiters ask you, "Is Pepsi okay?" when you order Coke, does anyone really care? That would be just sad if you refused to drink Pepsi, only Coke. Sheesh.
    Pinkie, you're exactly like me. Hello fellow California girl!

My daughter even calls 7up "white coke". Coke means generic carbonated beverage to me.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

"Bling-bling" and "hottie" are two that I just hate...but tops on my list is "aiight" instead of "all right". It sounds like a speech impediment!!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey
    I guess I'm sad then... I absolutely despise Pepsi, and I looooove coke... I will go into a restaurant that I know serves Pepsi, and ask for coke, and when they ask "Is Pepsi ok?" I say... I guess I'll just have water.

FORT Fogey
    I don't really care for Pepsi either. I'll drink it if I have to, but I'll definitely choose Coke over Pepsi.

I thought of another I can't stand.

Killed/kilt it: Like, if someone messed something up people will say, "You kilt it." I don't know how to spell it but they pronounce 'killed' like something a Scottish guy wears.
    Life's in technicolor
    Blues and reds so bright
    But in all the rainbows of the world
    I'm still in black and white.
    -A.C. Jones

+ Reply to Thread