+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Played-Out Slang

I loved the Muppet Show, Shay. Maybe we can revive their lingo as the hip new slang. Swedish Chef sez: "BORK BORK BORK!"
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Skin Child
    I'm shocked no one has said "Holla" yet...that word really irritates the hell out of me. If you don't what that is, I'll give you an example of what cntext it's used in:

"Holla back, yo!"

The next person who says that will recieve a thrashing from yours truly.
    Moon, I was just thinking of this the other day. I don't like it because it makes me think of yelling (as in "holler") . It's like asking someone to shout at you.
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    Exactly.

Fo' shizzle my rizzle. 'S all good, ya know what I'm sayin? Holla.
    I was in love with a difficult man.

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    Last post was a joke. Except for exactly.
    I was in love with a difficult man.

Keep it real, Moon Skin Child!

Hey, did people in the 50s really say "swell" and "neato" all the time? Or "groovy" in the 60s and 70s?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Skin Child
    Exactly.

Fo' shizzle my rizzle. 'S all good, ya know what I'm sayin? Holla.
    I think this has been asked before, but no-one answered. What in the world does "fo' shizzle my nizzle" mean?
    That's got to be one of the weirdest bits of slang I've ever heard. Right up there with "shiznit", and I don't know what that means either.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl

Hey, did people in the 50s really say "swell" and "neato" all the time? Or "groovy" in the 60s and 70s?
    In the 60's and 70's (West Coast) we usually said "bitching" (pronounced "bitchen") as in "the Beach Boys are sooo bitchen." Cool was still "cool." I don't recall "groovy" being that popular, although I do remember "groovin." Then there's "far out", "right on", "dig" as in "Man, I could really dig that!" "Trip" could mean "Wow, what a trip!" (something good) or "Jeez, that exam tripped me out!" (something bad). "Trip" or "tripping" was drug-culture-speak and started out referring to taking LSD, so there were good trips and bad trips. Ahh, the good old days of hippies, flower children, free love and Vietnam War protests. What a trip.
    Ipse dixit.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Niphredil
    I think this has been asked before, but no-one answered. What in the world does "fo' shizzle my nizzle" mean?
    That's got to be one of the weirdest bits of slang I've ever heard. Right up there with "shiznit", and I don't know what that means either.
    Well It means.. For sure, my (insert bad name for a black person here that starts with an N)

Shiznit, I'm guessing here, is just a slang kinda deal for sh*t. Never really understood that one either. :stupid

Oh. Okay. It sounded a lot funnier and more pleasant when I didn't know what it meant.
    Thanks, PinkieParrot. One mystery solved, at least.

FORT Fogey
    Fo shizzle my nizzle has something to do with sex. I think like you know, sucking something...I asked someone. I forgot who it was now...

And then a radio DJ said so too. I asked a bunch of people about it and they all said they thought it meant. I don't think it does mean the n-word. It might, but I never heard it did. Maybe it's got 2 meanings.

+ Reply to Thread