+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peapod

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Peapod

Has anyone ever used Peapod or a local grocery delivery?

Peapod by Giant is our local order on the Internet and they bring the groceries to your door service.

I had a $20 free groceries coupon stashed in a drawer and I just placed my first order. It was really cool - I hope all goes well! I'll never have to stand in line again!

PS - Back in the day when Priceline did groceries, I used to save a TON on my grocery bill. (probably why they discontinued that service )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I guess I live too far out in the boonies. I've never even heard of it!
    Although I complain about going grocery shopping, I actually like to do it when I'm alone and have time.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Ooops, sorry guys. Just went back to the web site and it's only something in the DC area.

It's super cool though. Took me awhile to get through my list, but I think next time I place an order I'll be able to just pull up my last list and edit! Nifty! Plus I can add things until Thursday at 11:59 pm! (delivery is on Friday afternoon). So as I walk around the house and remember things I can just pop back in my study and add them to my cart! I'll let you know the quality when I get the first order so anyone in the Dc area can give it a try if you want.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Here's a pic of their cute delivery van!

Sounds like a really cool idea, BF...too bad they didn't have something like that when I lived in Atlanta...

yuppers. i used to use peapod when they were in dallas. they went through tom thumb grocers. it was strange. they were popular, then another company came up and gave them some competition, then some others popped up, then WHAMMO! all companies offering home grocery delivery stopped doing it.

Aw, man...I missed out on it in Dallas, too!?!?!

yep!

Hmmm, that's interesting!

I do remember a service that was in various cities called Home Grocer. They were supposed to come here, but didn't. And then another dot com named WebVan that I think went out of business too.

I hope these guys can make it. It's a pretty cool thing for $4.95 delivery fee! (and they take coupons -- they apply them to your next order, but still!)

We have Grocery Gateway in my area.
    It's excellent and we order from it quite regularly.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast