+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone ever listen to Howard Stern?

dvm
    Get off the hate train.

Does anyone ever listen to Howard Stern?

I happen to be a huge fan of the radio show. I love them all, and aside from all the perverted bits, they all seem to be nice, down-to-earth people-- especially that sweetheart Arty! Anyone else agree?I love that they are all very upfront and honest with their opinions. They don't play into the fake, kiss-a** attitude so prevalent among celebrities.

But what do you all think?

I would like to post this question to people who have actually listened to his show.

Thanks!

I do listen occasionally, but not as much. I don't have that much time in the AM. Dvm did u know Arty is coming to Boston to the Comedy Connection soon? Btw, I agree it's a laugh riot!
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

JR.
    I love his show, I listen just about every day.

FORT Newbie
    My boyfriend got me into listening to him about 6 months ago. I love him and his crew. It really makes my 1 1/2 hour commute every morning go much faster and easier. Sometimes he can be a little annoying when he gets into his whining moods but other then that I think he is one of the best out there on the radio.
    Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we react to what happens; not by what life brings us, but by the attitude we bring to life

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Did you listen yesterday when he was asking his staff to vote whether or not they liked Stuttering John or whether or not he should fire Arty? It was hilarious! I must say though, I like listening to it more than watching it. There's a lot more detail on the radio show that gets lost when translated on TV, where it can come off as rauchy.

And the Miss Butta-face contest.... forget about it! And Beetlejuice and Gary the Retard... honestly I can go one forever!

They all act like a bunch of normal guys you'd hang out with in college or go out for a beer with.

I just love the program. I'm so sad that he's not renewing his contract.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I agree, with you Tam... when he second guesses himself and acts insecure or when he's sick, it gets a little painful to listen to.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i've been listening to Howard since his days on W-NBC- but can only handle his skits in small doses.
    i listen to Howard on my drive in to work in the morning (about 1/2 hour) and then i'll tune in around 9:00 when Robin starts the news. i love their takes on current events! and that theme song for Robin's news is out of hand- i have to sing along (put on your dancing shoes...)

i love Arty- he is a thousand times better then Jackie
    anyway- they have had a long run- they have made a ton of $$$, and when the current contract is up- hang em up, sleep in for once and enjoy the good life for awhile!

FORT Newbie
    I agree with you DVM. I do not like watching the tv version of his show. He really is a ugly man isn't he? His voice just does not match his face.

When he was picking on Stuttering John the other day and threatening to fire him it was very funny. The poor guy sounded like he was going to burst out crying! Of course I would never want to be on the receiving end of one of Stern's tyrades.
    Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we react to what happens; not by what life brings us, but by the attitude we bring to life

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I think that he must have some sort of eating disorder or warped perception of body image. It drives me crazy when he says that women who are 5'7" and weigh more than 100-110lbs are obese.

But the man is entertaining, creative, and a genius at making people laugh.

Oh and he's absolutely hideous!

I'm hardly ever in my truck in the mornings to listen anymore, but I used to. Sometimes the show would be really funny, but sometimes it was pretty sick and took things too far. I agree that I like that they aren't a bunch of suck-ups who just try to please everyone and make sure they're being p.c. Perhaps it's because I'm fairly untactful. But I really don't enjoy hearing the shows where women take off their clothes. Kind of dumb.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast