+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone ever listen to Howard Stern?

I listen at times (would far rather be listening to Drew and Mike on WRIF but when they have a long commercial break or are talking about sports I listen to Stern)

Sometimes Howard is funny, sometimes he isn't, I never listen in large doses. I love Robin however.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I've been listening to Stern for close to 20 years. His show has definitely evolved over time particualrly in the last six or seven years, IMO for the worse. Even tough he's not as good as he used to be its still the best thing on the radio in the morning.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I used to really enjoy listening to Howard Stern, but now I can't handle it because I hate his constant Bush bashing.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I never listen to him. I used to listen a bit when I was younger, but something he did several years ago was beyond horrible to me. I was flipping channels one night and he was completely exploiting this poor mentally handicapped young man who was like 18. The kids parents had no idea he was on the show (I think his cousin took him) and he just put that kid into a situation that he shouldn't have been in with a naked woman. Do that with someone who can care for themselves 100%, then fine, that's their decision. Do that with someone like this kid, disgusting. Therefore, I made a decision never to tune out.

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    (would far rather be listening to Drew and Mike on WRIF)

I used to listen to Howard but got hooked on the fellas mentioned above. However, when I was tuning in I couldn't believe how often I laughed out loud while driving. The TV show is very hard to watch though...

FORT Fogey
    I can't stand his show. I just can't stand it. I tried, I had an open mind, but I was repulsed. I believe he has the right to be on the air, 'cause I'm the last one to ever be for censorship; I'm all for freedom of speech. So my way of dealing with Howard Stern is to simply choose to not listen to his show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12