+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High School Superlatives, Anyone?

You guys are so cool.

And Sher, how *evil* of you to change votes.
    And about dating band guys, hehe I did the same thing. I was on drill team for 3 years, but quuit before the 4th because some of those girls drove me crazy. I mostly dated trumpet and sax players, and drummers. Drummers (like my bf in my pic) were the hotties.

kylie,
    we are the same person.
    don't think i didn't go through the percussion section, too!

and i quit drillteam middle of my junior year because i didn't play well with others. i used to have this little problem with the officers. see, i like to call a spade a spade and i like to call a bitch a bitch! apparently, i did so a few too many times! usually on purpose. i learned that if i got just enough demerits for err... enlightening the officers of my true feelings, that i would have to sit out pre-game victory line. i hated victory line. i also taught my lil' sis this trick, so she and i would kick back in the stands with the band prior to the football game as all the other stingerettes stood whoohoo-ing the jocks!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    so she and i would kick back in the stands with the band prior to the football game as all the other stingerettes stood whoohoo-ing the jocks!
    Excellent life skills! Much more practical than doing the actual drills

I mostly dated trumpet and sax players, and drummers. Drummers (like my bf in my pic) were the hotties.
    Yeah, I played clarinet. Nobody ever came prowling for clarinet players. We had our own kinda semi-incestuous club going on. Great instrument to play for a guy, though. The male-to-female ratio was heavily in my favor without having to play flute and have people question my manhood.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Orginally posted by Agentcarver:
    FINALLY! Another band queer! (that's a term for someone who spends all their free time with band stuff, not a homosexual with a saxophone)
    Um, I still prefer the term "band geek."

Of course, our marching band has more success than our sporting teams, so actually had a favorable rep with the student body. I actually played sousaphone in marching band senior year (got to wear the cool beret instead of the dorky shako hat! ) I played sax my first few years of college, but my GPA went up an entire point after I quit (I was having WAY too much fun with the band folk.)

Okay, too much information (TMI) - my grande mocha has clearly kicked in!

agentcarver
    Sousaphone... Always liked it's shape...

Actually, we're reviving the Marching Band this year... By invitation only (We usually hold auditions) just because... well... we're mean.

OH! Anyone know where I can procure exactly 127 "Chickens" (The fuzzy white things that go around the top of the marching band hats) [When the Marching band folded in the late 80s, the kids got to keep em' as souveniers)

Not a clue agent. Sorry.

And Paulie- there were ZERO male clarinet players in our band. You'd have felt right at home with all the ladies.

Originally posted by shersidhe
    at our high school we had books of "wills and prophecies" that were handed out at the junior/senior prom.

the seniors wrote out our wills and the juniors, who sponsored the prom, made up the prophecies. mine was lame, but said:

sherri will one day curl her hair." as you can deduce from that... i never curled my hair. it was very straight all of the time. original bunch, those juniors.

feif's was much more interesting. made me jealous.

What was mine? I cannot remember. I cannot believe that you do either.

that you would come to the 10 year reunion on the back of a harley!

and we both know that i'm the sucker for a harley guy!!

True, but we could not switch out....I always curled my hair.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast