+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High School Superlatives, Anyone?

I was teacher's pet-
    Last edited by mommad; 10-15-2002 at 11:17 PM.
    ~There is no greater gift than the gift of life. Become a donor today!~

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    have you seen what trumpet players, french horn players and/or sax players can do with their tongues??? and the speed with which they move their fingers?!
    We didn't have superlatives in my yearbook. However, I would like to point out that I played Alto Sax in marching band, symphonic band, pep band, and jazz band.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    cool - talented bunch I must say!

I was on the yearbook club, and I recommended it to my kids.That way you can censor any dorky pics, plus get revenge via photo captions that are there forever...
    We had joke "most likely to's"
    Mine was most likely to do federal time in prison.
    That was way better than most likely to do time in a Columbian jail!

Same girl and I were also voted "Smartest," BTW, but the yearbook staff, hoping to protect the two of us from the rest of the student body, only put us in the book once. Probably a good idea. I always felt kinda squirrely at being dubbed "Smartest," anyway. I mean, it was true, but did we need to be blaring that all over the place?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I mean, it was true, but did we need to be blaring that all over the place?
    Paulie

I wasn't voted anything...but if there would have been a category called "least likely to live in DC" or "most likely to stay in the midwest" I probably would have won it.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

at our high school we had books of "wills and prophecies" that were handed out at the junior/senior prom.

the seniors wrote out our wills and the juniors, who sponsored the prom, made up the prophecies. mine was lame, but said:

sherri will one day curl her hair." as you can deduce from that... i never curled my hair. it was very straight all of the time. original bunch, those juniors.

feif's was much more interesting. made me jealous.

We didn't have any either. They stopped doing that two years before our senior class because there was a student protest of some sort.

:rolleyes

I don't see the harm, myself.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

agentcarver
    We didn't have superlatives in my yearbook. However, I would like to point out
    that I played Alto Sax in marching band, symphonic band, pep band, and jazz
    band.
    FINALLY! Another band queer! (that's a term for someone who spends all their free time with band stuff, not a homosexual with a saxophone)

It must be gratifying to get awards from the students AC.
    It is HORRIBLY gratifying... There's a plaque, but this year there's going to be a trophy. Plus, I'm the only teacher who won it 2 times in a row.

Good for you
    "That's Numberwang!"

agentcarver
    OOC: Fluff, what do you think you would have been?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast