+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I went Shopping for shorts...

I went Shopping for shorts...

now I'm depressed!

Why do all the womens shorts have to start under my navel and be a total of 10 inches from the waist band to the hem???

I'm 36 years old, I want shorts that don't make me look like I'm trying to "recapture" my youth in a sad pathetic way.

Seems like the only other choice is big, long, baggie, grandma shorts.... UHG!

: over...carry on::
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Aw Cali, that sucks.

Too bad I'm not familiar with the stores in your area. There are a few stores that I've discovered cater to us 'normal' people.

I have totally been there though. I'm not a teenager anymore, but I'm not quite ready to redo my wardrobe in elastic waistband, just yet.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

What a funny thread, and so true! I wouldn't even consider it "recapturing" your youth, how about just something that looks nice, darnit? I personally think there are some butt-ugly styles swingin' around out there these days, and it's either go with the weirdo new styles and cuts, or straight to the baggy grandma's. What the "h".
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

This is why we have salvation army stores.

Hmm... I'm not the resident fashion maven, but my mum says to check out Talbots; they have classic styles.

Talbots

Speaking of "recapturing youth," I've seen a strange and disturbing phenomenon of late... women who are 50+ wearing the new fashions without reservation. I tell you, it's a harrowing sight for me when I go to the store and see a person old enough to be my GRANDMOTHER wearing the same outfit my GIRLFRIEND owns!!! Talk about what the "h!" That just ain't right....

That's funny Cali because Iwent shopping for shorts yesterday and had the same dilemma.I ended up in wal mart and they had some that were ok.No elastic waist band types so I buoght two pair.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

FORT Fogey
    Were you in old navy? They have shorts in three different inseams. JJill offers great shorts too if you check on line. And belive it or not Victoria Secret offers different lengths!

I like the shorter ones because I am short but I know taller people need longer ones.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Originally posted by Mantenna

Speaking of "recapturing youth," I've seen a strange and disturbing phenomenon of late... women who are 50+ wearing the new fashions without reservation. I tell you, it's a harrowing sight for me when I go to the store and see a person old enough to be my GRANDMOTHER wearing the same outfit my GIRLFRIEND owns!!! Talk about what the "h!" That just ain't right....
    Same here. I think I actually saw a lady in her 50's wear a bathing suit that my ex once wore. It made me

Uhg..bathing suits.. a whole different problem this year

I will check a few more stores... where I live I have to drive 40 miles to the mall, so I was checking out the few stores we have close by.

Talbots had a nice pair of mid thigh ones thanks Mantenna
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

What a great place to rant about this!! I have had the same "ultra-low-rise" problem. I'm very petite, and it's hard to buy fun clothes that don't bare it all! Same goes for shirts. I have no problem with petite T's (especially since I'm short and they often come to my waist!), but never, under any circumstances, will my belly show. . . .And how about the seemingly-nice-looking button down shirts/blouses that are conspicously missing the top SEVERAL buttons. Apparently buttoning up is not an option anymore.
    . . .and another thing: Maybe I should also start a thread for people who can't buy capris because they all come too long to even pass as pants.

Whew! I needed that!

P.S. And I'm still in my 20's--for another 4 months.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast