+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I was robbed!

I was robbed!

AAAACK! It makes me so mad! Some bastards broke into my Condo and stole my brand-spanking new DVD/VCR Combo, my second VCR, my brother's Playstation 2 with about 10 games, my brother's butterfly knife, a watch, and one of my checks which was already pre-made, I know it was one of the complex workers because they came in through the bedroom window on the second floor. You can only get up there with a ladder, and those bastards use them. Yeah, it was my fault for leaving the window cracked a little bit, and it did have a screen. I always done that and I've never had any problems the 5 1/2 years I've lived there. Good thing they didn't hurt my dog Shelby. Looks like they used the iron firelog pick to back her into one of the bedrooms where they locked her up.

Good things that's all they stole. I have a lot of other expensive equipment, mainly my 3 computers and all the stuff that goes with it. I think they were in a hurry so they just took the items they could sell easily. I'm so pissed off right now, because I know it was those F**** BASTARDS. I reported it to the police and the association, but I doubt anything will be done about it.

Sorry about this long post, but I have to vent so I can cool off a little bit.

Oh my! Wolf, so sorry to hear that. I know it has to be frustrating! Maybe somehow the person(s) will get caught. So sorry! And it's fine, vent all you want, that's what we're here for.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    That really sucks Wolf.
    I'm glad your dog wasn't hurt. Can the management not do anything? If it is their workers who are doing this on an ongoing basis, you would think they would at least try.Thank goddness they didn't take your computer and I hope you had insurance!

Yeah, I do have insurance, but it's just the fact that they came into my condo and stole MY stuff! And I was only gone from noon till 4pm today, so I know they saw me leave because there were like 4 of them outside. The Home association better do something because I'm gonna raise some hell.

Wolf, I'm so sorry to hear you got burgled! I'm glad it happened while you were gone, I would hate to think of you getting hurt by one of those bastards, or Shelby getting hurt trying to protect you. Whenever something like that has happened to me I always feel so violated. The worst thing they take isn't your stuff it's your feeling of security. I hope you get your stuff back and that they catch the punks that stole from you. It doesn't work out that way nearly often enough, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that you're the exception.

We love you bunches and I'm sure we're all glad you're OK. Vent all you want. {hugs}

Zhora
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Sorry to hear about your loss Wolf.I was robbed several years ago and the next day i went on a tour of the local pawn shops.I found several of my things and as soon as i informed them that it was my stuff and called the cops down i recieved my stuff back and they were able to catch the guy that did it because of the records that the shops have to keep.

It does rob you of your feeling of security and your trust in your fellow man but don't let it change your life.

Take care,scott
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

Thanks Zhora! I've cooled down a little. And you're right! I'm more pissed off that they came into my Condo. The material items can be replaced. The first thing I did was check on Shelby. I knew something was up because a towel and the firelog iron pick was in the middle of the living room. I called to Shelby and she didn't come. Then I heard her jumping on the door of the upstairs bedroom.

I've never been robbed at home before. Several years ago (at a different complex), I had my car stolen twice but it was only for joyrides. The guys were caught, and good thing it was my old car at that time.

If you know who those guys are, can't you just give the police their names and get them busted?? I say you go and find them and beat 'em up!!!! I'd be rootin' for ya!

I say you go and find them and beat 'em up!!!!
    Yeah! That's exactly what I would like to do. A little Alias-style ass kickin' would do the trick.

Mdrio, I don't know for sure who did it. There were actually 3 companies doing some work on our complex. There was the lawn maintenance crew which were working right outside my condo, some other guys doing some painting about 3 condos down from mine, and another crew fixing the condo right in front of mine.
    I did tell the police, but again....I don't think it's not on their priority list. :rolleyes

wolf I am sorry to hear about that. Window open or not its no excuse to take stuff that's not yours, I hope they catch them
    ~There is no greater gift than the gift of life. Become a donor today!~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast