+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Strangely, I'm NOT attracted to/I dislike...

MRD
    Add me to the Dr. Phil list and I will be in the minority when I say I can't stand Oprah. I never have and I don't see what all the fuss is about.

George Clooney is another one that I've thought: what is the big deal.

As for Tom Cruise, I used to LOVE him, but his antics in the past year or so have made me want to gag and I can't watch anything with him in it. Rain Man was on last night and I LOVE that movie. I started watching it and had to turn it off, I couldn't take Mr. Crusie.

Angelina Jolie and Billly Bob Thornton.

And while I'm at it, I'm going to turn off practically everone on this reality tv site: I don't get the American Idol phenomenom. I just can't take watching it.
    I find it cringe worthy. Sorry, I know there are a lot of fans, but I am not one of them and I've tried.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2188099;
    And while I'm at it, I'm going to turn off practically everone on this reality tv site: I don't get the American Idol phenomenom. I just can't take watching it.
    Me neither. Which is funny 'cause I LOVE "Rock Star."

I like the good that Oprah does/tries to do, but I find her overbearing and somewhat condescending on her show sometimes.

Tell me where you're hiding, I'll join you. I don't like AI either. Nor the way a certain show is running scared from it. Lost.

Dan Brown. Don't get why everyone loves his books.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD
    Lois, I'm with you. LOVE Rock Star, but not AI

Lois and Crickteen, we'll have to start a chat on the nights AI is on. I bet its just the 3 of us!

And LOST had me hooked the first season. Now halfway through season 3 and I'm going: "meh"

I did love Dan Brown, but I don't like Nora Roberts and Danielle Steele. I just don't like them and then I saw Danielle Steeles home in San Francisco and it looked like a palace. No kidding! I could not believe it was an actual residence. So obviously a lot of people love her books, but I'm not a fan.

Nicholas Sparks either. I have one friend that goes on and on about Nicholas Sparks. I read the first one and hated it.

Give me fast paced action books, thrillers and mysteries. That's what I like best.
    But here's another one: Tom Clancy. Loved him when he first came out, but as each book got bigger and more complex, he lost me. I read in bed and when you need help to hold the book up, its no longer fun to read such a tome in bed. Nor did I like the fact that I felt like I had to keep notes to keep up with the plot and characters.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Oh dear...I am definitely not welcome in this thread....

Obviously I am a AI fanatic... ..I love and adore Oprah AND Dr. Phil....I want to marry George Clooney....I think Will Farrell and Jim Carey are hilarious..(my son thinks Jim Carrey walks on water)..Matthew McConaughey is astonishingly gorgeous...(those teeth...that smile... )...I want to look like Angelina Jolie when I grow up (complete with Brad Pitt )...I still think Tom Cruise is a great actor and a good looking guy...who cares if he's a little nuts???

Let me see if I can think of someone I'm not attracted to or I dislike......Paris Hilton is the first one that springs to mind along with Lindsey Lohan....Donald Trump....I'm drawing a blank for any others but I'm sure I will think of some later....

Gosh, now nobody will want to be my friend anymore because of who I like...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2188127;
    Wrong-o! Love ya bbnbama!!!

I too cannot stomach any Tom Cruise movies. In fact, I don't think I have actually sat through an entire TC movie! I just don't get what the fuss is all about with him. His teeth bug the cr@p out of me too. If one looks at his nose and upper lip, his front teeth do not match up to them....they are off centered. That has always bothered me to bits. Plus, he also had braces a few years ago, as an adult, so I don't know why those front teeth didn't get moved into the correct position.

Speaking of teeth.....Julia Roberts smile and laugh get on my last nerve too!

I also don't see what the big deal is with Jim Carrey, Will Farrell, and those kind of actor/comedians. I call any of those movies "idiot movies." I just can't see wasting time watching them, as I don't find them funny at all. I would never, ever spend money to see any of those kind of movies in a theatre.

I used to watch Oprah a lot, but Ellen comes on at the same time here and I actually like her show much, much more.

I watched the last 2-3 shows of season one of AI, then it was maybe season 3 or 4 that I actually started watching the entire season. I usually get a kick out of the beginning shows, when people actually think they can carry a tune but are so lacking! My favorites usually get booted off rather than win, but I keep watching as I have invested too much time into the show.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2188127;
    Oh dear...I am definitely not welcome in this thread....

Obviously I am a AI fanatic... ..I love and adore Oprah AND Dr. Phil....I want to marry George Clooney....I think Will Farrell and Jim Carey are hilarious..(my son thinks Jim Carrey walks on water)..Matthew McConaughey is astonishingly gorgeous...(those teeth...that smile... )...I want to look like Angelina Jolie when I grow up (complete with Brad Pitt )...I still think Tom Cruise is a great actor and a good looking guy...who cares if he's a little nuts???

Let me see if I can think of someone I'm not attracted to or I dislike......Paris Hilton is the first one that springs to mind along with Lindsey Lohan....Donald Trump....I'm drawing a blank for any others but I'm sure I will think of some later....

We're still your friends. Everyone has different likes and dislikes, but we can all manage to put that aside and concentrate on what we all do like together, like chatting on the FORT. :0

Matthew McConahy should have great teeth, I heard him on Leno and he brushes them for 15 min. about 10 times a day. No exaggeration, BUT........he does not wear deoderant. So I'm thinking I couldn't get close enough to admire his teeth and smile if he has BO that bad!
    I like him and have since I first ever saw him in A Time To Kill (John Grisham's first book and my favorite). I just don't think I could take the BO thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2188200;
    Matthew McConahy should have great teeth, I heard him on Leno and he brushes them for 15 min. about 10 times a day.
    I saw pictures of him brushing his teeth outside as he went for his morning walk. EWWWW! I hate it when people do stuff like that outside!

Tom Cruise: has always been mleh to me.
    Tyra Banks: Obnoxious personality overshadows any supposed good looks.
    And What the whoop is the big to do with Desparate Housewives?
    It's lost on me
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread