+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Strangely, I'm NOT attracted to/I dislike...

Didn't make it back in time to edit.

Lauren Holly - What on earth has she done to herself?

All of the Party Of Five Cast except for Matthew Fox.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2192161;
    Haven't seen her lately. Anyone have a small photo they could upload? Is she botoxed to death?

Claire Danes--another one who can't do a British accent to save her life!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2192003;
    .... I never got John Wayne. I mean, he wasn't that great of an actor. Every role was pretty much the same. I did like a couple of his movies because of the storyline, but him? Nah, not so much. I know I've just attacked an institution, but am not a big Western fan either so that may have something to do with it. (running to duck now as I know what's coming! )
    Nah, I think you're probably safe, myrosiedog, lol. He was never popularly considered a sex symbol in his day, nor a great actor. He was more of a strong personality type in a popular genre. And I doubt many would disagree that he always played John Wayne (as opposed to really getting into a character) in almost all his movies -- the only times he really digressed much was in his later color movies, such as the True Grit movies and a couple more, but even then most of the compliments came from his stepping away from the norm of his career. Even in his younger days, when he was and up and coming young wannabe actor, he was never really good-looking, just tall, strong-looking and confident, which was what the studios wanted back then. If it hadn't been for his height, he wouldn't really have stood out from the hundreds of other cowboy extras.

Personally, I thought he was downright ugly -- squinty eyes, leathery face, big nose, smoker-ick factor, weird-shaped mouth, and I hated the way he talked, even though it was his trademark, lol. And the way he walked -- again, another trademark -- I'm sorry, but I had to laugh every time I saw it.

And for you, Lois Lane, here's a current (2 months old) photo of Lauren Holly:

I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2192161;
    Didn't make it back in time to edit.

All of the Party Of Five Cast except for Matthew Fox.
    I like most of the Party of Five cast but Jennifer Love Hewitt.

I really don't get the hype of Desperate Housewives or Grey's Anatomy. Tried to watch DH once and just couldn't get into it. Watched GA once and that Grey woman gets on my last nerve, she is not all that to be having 2 men fight over her!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2192234;
    I like most of the Party of Five cast but Jennifer Love Hewitt.
    I've called her Jennifer Love Canal so long that I can barely remember her actual name.

For those of you too young to remember Love Canal, it was the site of housing built on top of a toxic waste dump in upstate New York that had to be evacuated because the residents were all dying of assorted unpleasant diseases.

Now why, oh why do I equate JLH with toxic waste?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2195666;
    I really don't get the hype of Desperate Housewives or Grey's Anatomy. Tried to watch DH once and just couldn't get into it. Watched GA once and that Grey woman gets on my last nerve, she is not all that to be having 2 men fight over her!
    I'm with you on both counts. One of my friends is an avid GA fan, I just don't get it.

Scarlett Johansson. I used to be a fan, but lately, she rubs me all the wrong ways. Her performance - correction: the performance of her immaculately made up lips in just the right retro-red shade, her perky boobs, and tight sweaters - in The Black Dahlia was just cringe-worthy. We get it, you're sexy. Now could we go on to the actual acting bit? What really frustrates me is that I know she can be a good actress (exhibits A,B, and C: The Horse Whisperer, Ghost World, and Lost in Translation) but in her recent movies, she's never once made it past that tiresome sex kitten act. Talk about one trick pony. If she doesn't start picking roles that don't just focus her sex appeal, I'm personally buying her a one way ticket to a remote island (the Lost island seems like a good choice) where she can hone her pouting and purring skills to perfection until she implodes with orchestrated sexiness. Hate to break it to you, Scarlett, but I believe we're through. We'll always have Ghost World, though.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Oh Geek, I am so with you on this one.
    That reminds me, has anyone here seen a TV show called Workout on Bravo? That lady could be Scar-Jo's older butchy sister in a second.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213